Our service to you
In 2010 the Authority was awarded Customer Service Excellence. This recognises services which are efficient, effective, excellent, equitable and empowering - with the citizen at the heart of service provision.
You can find more information on this on the Customer Service Excellence website.
Our Customer Service Standards
We are committed to providing excellent standards of customer service and are always striving to improve.
We will always:
- Treat all our customers fairly, equally and with respect.
- Try to make our communications clear and easy to understand.
When you call us we will:
- Aim to answer the phone in person within five rings.
- Resolve your query or pass it on to a member of staff who will respond within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Provide an alternative method of contacting the relevant person if appropriate.
When you write to us or email we will:
- Aim to answer written correspondence within a maximum of ten working days.
- If we are unable to reply within this timescale we will reply with an anticipated date when a full response will be given.
When you visit us we will:
- Attend to you as soon as possible.
- Be welcoming, polite and professional.
- Provide clean and comfortable facilities.
We will also:
- Make it easy for you to give us your feedback.
- Use your feedback to improve our services.
- Regularly inform you how we are doing.
- Make it easy for you to give us your .
We will measure how well we do through:
- Mystery Shopper surveys
- Logging and tracking systems
- Annual satisfaction surveys
We also have strong values to which we aspire:
- Champion the qualities that make the North York Moors a unique and special place.
- Promote opportunities for everyone to get involved.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Have a personal approach to delivering services.
- Always try to improve what we do.
- Use money and other resources carefully.
- Help our communities flourish.
- Respect the best of tradition whilst recognising the need
- Contribute positively to sustaining the global
- Do what we promise.
Please note when submitting plans to the Authority, that where parties appear to the Authority to be acting in breach of copyright or other intellectual property right, the Authority may pass their details to the owner of the relevant right.
How are we doing?
We work hard to maintain high levels of customer service and performance and publish our targets and performance indicators.
Our Headline Indicators are a subset of performance indicators and reflect what you have told us are important to you.
A more detailed report on how we are performing is in our Annual Performance Plan.
Useful information to download:
Headline indicators (pdf)
- Looking after
- About us