Costs and booking
Activities are charged according to their duration (1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or full day). Combine activities to fill the time you have available, then add up the total duration of your day to work out the cost per pupil.
Costs not subject to VAT. All teachers and adult helpers are free
Cost per pupil from 1st January 2015
1/4 day £3.50 (Minimum per group £52.50)
1/2 day £4.50 (Minimum per group £67.50)
3/4 day £5.00 (Minimum per group £75.00)
Full day £5.50 (Minimum per group £82.50)
Visits to local schools within or around the edge of the National Park are charged per visit rather than per pupil. Please contact us to discuss.
How to book
- Read the activity descriptions and call us if you would like to discuss any of the activities in more detail. Unless you request otherwise, we will provide activities as described.
- Read the pre-visit information for group leaders.
- Check the costs and read the 'Booking Terms and Conditions' below.
- Make a list of any preferred dates for your visit.
- To make a provisional booking, ring the National Park Education Service (tel: 01439 772700). No deposit is required.
- We will then send you a letter with your provisional booking details.
- To confirm your booking, complete a booking form (Word doc) and send it to the Education Service by email or by post.
- Your booking will be confirmed in writing within 10 working days of us receiving your booking form.
- An invoice for the total cost will be sent to you immediately after your visit. Please do not bring cheques or cash on the day.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Your booking will be confirmed by letter or email within 10 days after the Education Service has received your Booking Form.
- No payment is required before your visit or on the day. An invoice will be sent to you immediately after your visit. Full payment is required within 30 days. Cheques payable to: North York Moors National Park Authority.
- Group leaders must inform the Education Service of any changes to party size after the booking is confirmed. If a group arrives with extra pupils, not having informed the Education Service in advance, the extra pupils may not be permitted to participate in booked activities if, in the opinion of the Education Manager, there are insufficient National Park Leaders available to carry out the activity safely and successfully.
- Booked activities may be altered or cancelled on the day if, in the opinion of the Education Manager, there are potential risks to health and safety due to bad weather, late arrival of groups, inadequately equipped pupils or poorly behaved pupils. In such an event, National Park Leaders will consult with the visiting leader and provide an adapted or alternative activity wherever possible.
- In the event of a group cancelling their visit within 20 to 11 working days of that visit, the group will be required to pay half the cost of the activities.
- In the event of a group cancelling their visit within 10 working days of that visit, the group will be required to pay the full cost of the activities.
- Looking after
- About us