The purpose of INSPIRE is to allow spatial data to be comparable across regions, the UK and Europe to give decision makers consistent evidence about the environment. The regulation came into force in 2009 and its implementation is being led by the UK INSPIRE team in Defra (for further information see (INSPIRE Regulations 2007).
North York Moors National Park has statutory obligations to progressively publish metadata and data for geographical information.
Phase 1 of INSPIRE covers the publication of existing datasets. The majority of North York Moors National Park datasets fall into the scope of Annex III.
This first phase has to be delivered by December 2013 and discovery, view and download services are to be published for INSPIRE Annex III datasets.
- INSPIRE compliant metadata is published on the www.data.gov.uk website and can be searched and viewed there.
- INSPIRE information can be viewed at www.data.gov.uk using a Web Mapping Service (WMS).
- All view service (WMS) information is made available under the Ordnance Survey Public Sector INSPIRE WMS End User Licence. Using the link to access the data indicates that you have accepted and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- INSPIRE data can be downloaded at www.data.gov.uk using a Web Feature Service (WFS).
- All download (WFS) information is made available under the Ordnance Survey Public Sector End User Licence - INSPIRE. Using the link to access the data indicates that you have accepted and agreed to these terms and conditions. A Geographical Information System (GIS) is required to view the downloaded INSPIRE data.
If you feel this information does not meet your expectations, please let us know here
- Looking after
- About us
- How the Authority works
- Meetings and agendas
- Our service to you
- Rights of way
- Press Office
- Job vacancies
- School and group visits
- Terms and Conditions