Donations and Memorials Fund
Love our Park? Give a gift that will last for years
If you think that the North York Moors National Park is a special place, then why not give a special gift?
Your donations and bequests can make a real difference to the work we do, by helping to improve footpaths and bridleways, conserve wildlife habitats, and look after historic buildings and monuments.
Whether you want to commemorate a loved one, mark an occasion or give a unique gift, your donation will contribute to the care and enjoyment of one of the finest landscapes in the UK.
And with your generous help, we can continue to safeguard the things that make the North York Moors special to you.
Here’s how you can help
You can make a general donation to our fund, which we’ll use to make a real contribution to our ongoing work in the National Park – from restoring ancient woodland and wild flower grassland to improving well-used footpaths.
Or there are specific projects that you might consider, including donations towards:
- planting an oak tree on the Levisham Estate grown from locally sourced acorns for just £15. (Donated oak trees were planted on Levisham Estate in Spring 2017).
- three new oak benches at our Visitor Centres (£1150 each)
- Contributions towards a new and fun interactive 'riverside trail' at The Moors National Park Centre, Danby (£10,000)
Our childrens' play area at Sutton Bank National Park Centre is completed and we would like to thank all those who generously donated.
What do you get?
Small, discreet plaques (to our standard design) can be placed on benches, and on other ‘furniture’ on our Rights of Way. You and your family would also know that, through your generosity, you have helped look after the National Park for future generations to enjoy. We are not able to put plaques in the wood but the location of newly planted trees will be notified on the website so the wood can be visited and we will update our website with examples of completed projects from time to time.
How to donate
Your donation makes a huge difference and you can donate to us in various ways.
- By email: email@example.com
- Call: 01439 772700 to discuss your donation in person – please ask for Michael Graham
- By sending a cheque - payable to the North York Moors National Park Authority - to The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley, York, YO62 5BP
All donations may also be given anonymously, please let us know at the time of your gift.