We have an exciting programme of talks, events and workshops in the gallery during 2017, including a fashion show and an eclectic musical programme. For more information and bookings, please call the Inspired by… gallery on 01439 772737 or go to our EventBrite page where online booking is available.
Get crafty for Christmas
Join us as we get ready for Christmas with a series of craft workshops and our annual Christmas Craft Fair. Learn a new skill, so you can make your own presents! Or come along to the Craft Fair to meet the makers and pick up a unique gift.
Christmas Willow Workshops with Willow Expert Anthea Firth
Willow expert, Anthea Firth, is leading a number of willow workshops this year at The Moors National Park Centre. The workshops are aimed at beginners as well as those with some experience of the craft. You'll learn the core techniques required for willow working as well as the specific skills needed to create your willow creation. Please wear comfortable casual clothes. Materials and tools provided. Learn how to make:
- Large garden deer (Saturday 4 November 10:30am – 3:30pm; £45 including materials and light refreshments) Book online
- Large Christmas angel (Sunday 5 November 10am – 3pm; £45 including materials and light refreshments) Book online
- Wreaths and decorations (Saturday 2 December 10am – 3pm; £45 including materials and light refreshments) Book online
Advance booking essential for all workshops. Minimum age 16 but must be accompanied by an adult.
Christmas Craft Fair (Saturday 18 – Sunday 19 November 10.30am – 4pm)
Christmas Glorious Glass Workshop (3 December 10.30am – 4.30pm)
Judith Gill shows you how to create an inspiring glass window or wall hanging, and explores a range of exciting techniques used in fused glass design. No experience needed. Your work will be fired after the class and returned to the venue for you to collect.
Cost: £90 including all materials, firing and light refreshments. Advance booking essential.
Minimum age 16 but must be accompanied by an adult. Online booking available
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- Forests and woodlands
- Nature calendar
- Dark skies
- Ideas for rainy days
- Capital of Cake
- Famous writers and literature
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us