Agricultural and country shows
The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
- Monday 28 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley
- Sunday 17 (tbc) - North Yorkshire County Show, Near Bedale
- Sunday 1 - Malton Show, Scampston Park
- Tuesday 10 to Thursday 12 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
- Wednesday 18 - Driffield Show
- Wednesday 25 - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk
- Saturday 28 - Cleveland Show, Stewart Park, Marton
- Tuesday 31 - Ryedale Show, Welburn Park, Kirkbymoorside*
- Saturday 4 - Osmotherley Show
- Tuesday 7 - Egton Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains.
- Wednesday 8 - Thornton le Dale Show*
- Friday 10 - Hinderwell Show
- Wednesday 15 - Danby Show*
- Saturday 18 - Rosedale Show*
- Wednesday 22 - Egton Show*
- Saturday 25 - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate*
- Monday 27 - Burniston Show
- Monday 27 - Farndale Show
- Saturday 1 - Kildale Show
- Saturday 1 (tbc) - Lealholm Show
- Saturday 8 - Castleton Show
- Sunday 9 (tbc) - Guisborough Forest Festival*
- Saturday 22 - Stokesley Show*
* Look out for our marquee at these shows and come and say hello! We have free games, quizzes, leaflets and information – not to mention staff on hand to answer your questions.
- Looking after
- About us