North York Moors National Park Community Grant
The North York Moors National Park Authority is offering grants of up to £5,000 to community groups for small scale projects. Projects must meet one of the following priorities:
- environmental benefits e.g. recycling project, wildlife habitat improvements
- cultural heritage and local history e.g. restoring a village monument, archiving data
- community facility improvements e.g. disabled access for a community building, improvements to a play area
What are the criteria?
- Projects must be within the North York Moors National Park
- Projects must meet one of the priorities above
- Projects must show clear community benefit and value for money
- Any kind of community group can apply e.g. Parish Council, Village Hall Committee, Youth Group, Parochial Church Council, Wildlife or History Society etc
- The total project costs must not exceed £10,000
- Grants are for capital works not including routine repairs/maintenance and not including revenue projects
- Work must be completed within the calendar year
The Community Grant Scheme is now closed for this year.
We may have further money available for another round of the Community Grant in 2019. Keep an eye on the website for any updates.
The guidelines for the 2018 scheme are shown below, these may be different next year but do give an idea of what is likely to be required and what is likely to be eligible should there be a further round of the Community Grant in 2019.
Information to download
Application Form (pdf)
Application Form (Word)
Community Grant Leaflet (pdf)