Do you have an idea that could help contribute to the Land of Iron? If so we can offer small grants to local community groups and individuals for projects that help deliver our vision and aims.
By 2021 the landscape and ironstone heritage of the North York Moors will be in better condition and better cared for, will be better understood and valued by more people, and will have a more sustainable future
- Industrial heritage sites and features will be recorded, protected and conserved
- The natural environment and biodiversity will be improved
- The landscape and heritage will be better managed and more people will be actively involved in caring for it
- The landscape and its industrial past will be more accessible, understood and enjoyed by more people
- The future of the landscape and heritage will be safer and more sustainable
Eligible projects can include both capital (physical work) or revenue (activities) work, and a huge range of things can be funded. At least 25% match funding is required.
The Land of Iron area is shown on the map below:
Grants are now open for applications - please download the Application Form and Guidance Notes below:
Application Form (Word document)
Guidance Notes (PDF)
Please note - it is strongly advised to discuss your project idea at an early stage with the Land of Iron team before submitting an application. Please contact email@example.com or 01439 772700.
Next application deadline is 31 March 2018, for a decision by the end of April 2018.
To be kept informed of news with the Land of Iron and the Community Grants please sign up to our email mailing list.