This Exploited Land of Iron can offer small grants to local community groups and individuals for projects that help deliver its vision and aims.
By 2021 the landscape and ironstone heritage of the North York Moors will be in better condition and better cared for, will be better understood and valued by more people, and will have a more sustainable future
- Industrial heritage sites and features will be recorded, protected and conserved
- The natural environment and biodiversity will be improved
- The landscape and heritage will be better managed and more people will be actively involved in caring for it
- The landscape and its industrial past will be more accessible, understood and enjoyed by more people
- The future of the landscape and heritage will be safer and more sustainable
Map of the Land of Iron area:
The criteria and application process for the Land of Iron Grants is currently being drawn up and the programme is expected to open to applications in April 2017.
To be kept informed of news with This Exploited Land of Iron and the Community Grants please sign up to our email mailing list.