Voluntary Rangers assist the National Park Rangers in their duties and in helping people to get the most out of our wonderful National Park.
National Park Rangers work within the National Park and carry out many and varied duties. They look after the network of footpaths and bridleways, provide help and advice to landowners, farmers, local residents and visitors, care for National Park Authority property and manage the National Park Voluntary Ranger Service.
Voluntary Rangers assist the Rangers by:
- providing general support and advice for visitors to the National Park
- carrying out practical access and conservation projects
- participating in events and promotional activities to help increase awareness and understanding of the Park
- encouraging people to think positively and act responsibly toward the North York Moors
- and most importantly, helping people to enjoy the Park and appreciate its many special qualities
We are currently recruiting for Voluntary Rangers so if you are interested please contact the Volunteer Team on 01439 772700. email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Volunteer Service, North York Moors National Park Authority, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley, York, YO62 5BP