Custom and Self-Build Register
Are you interested in building or commissioning your own bespoke home within the North York Moors National Park?
We are interested in hearing from anyone who is looking to build a custom or self-built home within the National Park. The self-build housing route usually means that the eventual householder is directly involved in organising the design and construction of their new home. Custom build usually means working with a specialist developer to help you deliver your home. Both options can enable some people to develop their own tailor-made housing for their own use, often more cheaply than the market can deliver. It can also allow for a more bespoke or specialist designs that are more sensitive to their surroundings.
Our custom and self-build register
We can possibly help by bringing together potential self-builders with landowners, or may be able to require some self-build plots in larger housing developments. We are therefore compiling a register of people who may be interested in building their own home in the North York Moors National Park, either on their own or as part of a group or association.
Please note that custom and self-build homes are required to comply to the same planning requirements as all other housing, this may mean that occupancy would be restricted to someone with an existing connection to the local area.
If you would like to register your interest, please complete the registration form, which asks a number of questions to help us establish your requirements:
The Old Vicarage
Before you do this, please ensure that you meet the follow criteria:
- Aged 18 or over
- Are a British Citizen/a national of an European Economic Area state other than the United Kingdom/or a national of Switzerland
- Seeking to acquire a plot of land to occupy your sole or main residence
If you have any questions please contact the Planning Policy team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01439 772700.
If you are interested in custom and self-build housing you may find the following websites of use:
* The Self Build Portal: www.selfbuildportal.org.uk
* National Self Build Association: www.nacsba.org.uk
* Community Self Build Agency: www.communityselfbuildagency.org.uk
- Looking after
- Policies and Plans
- Housing policies
- Supplementary planning documents
- Minerals and Waste Joint Plan
- Current consultations
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Draft Local Plan - First Steps
- Evidence Base
- Custom and Self-Build Register
- Local Development Scheme & Statement of Community Involvement
- Draft Local Plan - Current Thinking
- Planning applications
- View an application
- Meet the Planning Team
- Planning advice notes
- York Potash/Sirius Minerals Polyhalite Mine
- Fracking (shale gas)
- Planning, administration and enforcement advice
- Policies and Plans
- About us