Planning your visit
Opening times for the Visitor Centre and Tea Rooms
- January and February, weekends only until half term, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily from half term, 20 February until 31 March, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily April, May, June, July, 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Daily August, 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Daily September and October, 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Daily November and December, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Open 26 December - 7 January 2018, 10.30am to 4.00pm
Opening times for Sutton Bank Bikes
Please note Sutton Bank Bikes may be open at different times to the National Park Centre, see opening times on their website for the most up-to-date information.
Closed Mondays, open Tuesday to Sunday 10am-5pm (open Bank Holiday Mondays).
To find out more, call 01845 597759.
How to find us
Sutton Bank National Park Centre is six miles (9.5km) east of Thirsk (or 7.5 miles (12km) west of Helmsley) at the top of Sutton Bank on the A170.
There is limited public transport to Sutton Bank. The nearest railway station is in Thirsk (7.5 miles away). From 1 May to 24 September 2017, Moorsbus operates a bus service (M5) on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays with a stop at Thirsk Railway Station that will take you to Helmsley. From here pick up the Moorsbus M4 service to Sutton Bank. You can also pick up the M4 service from Guisborough and Stokesley.
There are pay and display car parks.
Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Heritage in spring
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- Great for kids
- Ideas for sunny days
- Forests and woodlands
- Nature calendar
- Retreat and romance
- Capital of Cake
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us