Lime & Ice mobile app
The North York Moors National Park Authority’s first mobile app helps you get the most out of exploring around Sutton Bank on foot. It’s a great way to find out all about the area, and have some fun at the same time.
The app is only available for iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch and iPad) and it's free to download from the iTunes app store.
Use your phone to scan the code below for quick access to the Lime and Ice app. If you don't have a QR code reader, you can find one in the iTunes app store too.
If you don’t have an iPhone, then why not borrow an iPod touch to use the app from us at Sutton Bank National Park Centre.
About the app
The countryside around Sutton Bank is one of Britain’s best-kept secrets. It’s easy to get away from the crowds. There are ruined abbeys and castles, ancient monuments, teetering crags, sweeping views, quaint villages, famous landmarks and rolling hills waiting to be discovered.
There are four trails in this app that accompanies you around the area, giving you facts, photos and a quiz to take part in.
- The first trail starts in the pretty village of Kilburn and takes you through rolling fields and woods to lovely Scotch Corner Chapel.
- The second trail is a favourite with everyone. It’s the classic walk from Sutton Bank to the famous White Horse of Kilburn and back along the escarpment edge.
- The third trail features one of Yorkshire’s scenic treasures, Lake Gormire, and a glorious stretch of the Cleveland Way.
All three trails feature a fun trivia quiz. Look for clues in the landscape around you and test your knowledge of the North York Moors.
- Trail number four is a chance for a family challenge! Find the trail posts dotted around the grounds of Sutton Bank National Park Centre grounds and try to answer all the questions before anyone else.
Remember your visit to Sutton Bank by sending a virtual postcard to your friends and family. Personalise your virtual postcard by taking a photo of yourself against one of the many stunning landmarks or beautiful backdrops or alternatively choose from our selection of the best photos of the area. You can then send your virtual postcard directly from your phone.
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- Forests and woodlands
- Nature calendar
- Dark skies
- Retreat and romance
- Ideas for rainy days
- Capital of Cake
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us