You'll find Tourist Information Centres, National Park Village Information Points and National Park Mobile Information Units in many of the market towns and villages across the area.
National Park Centres and Tourist Information Centres are good places to start exploring the region. The knowledgable and friendly staff will help you plan your visit in advance and help you when you are here.
Services provided vary from one TIC to the next but they include:
- Accommodation booking
- Tickets for local theatres and shows
- Public transport information
- Information on things to see and do
- Maps and guidebooks
- Coach tickets
- Local crafts and souvenirs for sale
You can order tourist information brochures and public transport timetables from our Information desk.
National Park Centres and Tourist Information Centres
- Danby - The Moors National Park Centre, Lodge Lane, YO21 2NB. Tel: 01439 772737
- Sutton Bank - National Park Centre, YO7 2EH. (On the A170 east of Thirsk) Tel: 01845 597426
- Easingwold - Chapel Lane, YO61 3AE. Tel: 01347 821530
- Filey - John Street, YO14 9DW.Tel: 01723 383636
- Great Ayton - High Green Car Park, TS9 6BJ. Tel: 01642 722835
- Guisborough - Priory Grounds, Church Street, TS14 6HG. Tel: 01287 633801
- Helmsley - Helmsley Castle, Castlegate, YO62 5AB. Tel: 01439 770442
- Malton - The Library, St Michael's St, YO17 7LW. Tel: 01653 600048
- Middlesbrough - Town Hall, Albert Road, TS1 2QQ. Tel: 01642 729700
- Northallerton - Applegarth, DL7 8LZ. Tel: 01609 776864
- Pickering - The Ropery. Tel: 01751 473791
- Redcar - West Terrace, Esplanade, TS10 3AE. Tel: 01642 471921
- Saltburn - 4 Station Buildings, Station Square, TS12 1AQ. Tel: 01287 622422
- Scarborough - Brunswick Centre, Westborough, YO11 1UE. Tel: 01723 383636
- Scarborough - Harbourside, Sandside. Tel: 01723 383636
- Thirsk - 93A Market Place, YO7 1EY. Tel: 01845 522755
- Whitby - Langbourne Road, YO21 1YN. Tel: 01723 383637
Village Information Points
You'll find National Park Information Points in a number of villages around the North York Moors. The owners and staff have a strong local knowledge and will be pleased to help you. They stock a good range of maps, walking and cycling leaflets as well as the official guide to the National Park, Discover the North York Moors, and the annual Out and About guide.
- Goathland - The Post Office
- Grosmont - The Railway Shop
- Hutton le Hole - Ryedale Folk Museum
- Osmotherley - Top Shop
- Rosedale Abbey - Abbey Stores and Tea Rooms
- Thornton le Dale - Wardill Bros
Winners of the Design Awards announced - affordable housing development wins again
A group of volunteers are surveying and monitoring grassland sites in the North York Moors to ensure new management agreements set up by the National Park Authority are having the right effect.
Two free family festivals top and tail the North York Moors National Park’s celebrations for this year’s National Parks Week. ParkFest, on Sunday 27 July at The Moors National Park Centre, Danby sets the scene while MoorFest on Sunday 3 August at Sutton Bank National Park Centre, rounds off a week of guided walks, children’s events and adventure activities.
Family-friendly and adventure cycling trails with some of the most spectacular views in the country open in the North York Moors this Saturday.
New work by members of Ryedale ArtWorks (RAW) explores the varied landscapes of the North ...read more
An exciting opportunity to join local blacksmith and artist David Stephenson and learn ...read more
Immerse yourself in the traditional craft of rag rugging, learning how to make a wall ...read more
Come and have a go at the ancient sport of archery. The Whitby Company of Archers will ...read more
The biggest event in the North York Moors National Park's annual calendar launches the ...read more
Join us for the day and learn how to create your own colourful natural paints, pastels ...read more