Agricultural and country shows
The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
- Monday 29 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley
- Sunday 18 - North Yorkshire County Show, Northallerton
- Sunday 2 - Malton Show, Scampston Park
- Tuesday 11 to Thursday 13 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
- Wednesday 19 - Driffield Show
- Saturday 22 - Cleveland Show, Stewart Park, Marton
- Tuesday 25 - Ryedale Show, Welburn Park, Kirkbymoorside*
- Wednesday 26 - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk
- Tuesday 1 - Egton Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains.
- Saturday 5 - Osmotherley Show
- Wednesday 9 - Thornton-le-Dale Show*
- Friday 11 - Hinderwell Show
- Wednesday 16 - Danby Show*
- Saturday 19 - Rosedale Show*
- Wednesday 23 - Egton Show*
- Saturday 26 - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate*
- Monday 28 - Burniston Show
- Monday 28 - Farndale Show
- Saturday 2 - Kildale Show*
- Saturday 2 (tbc) - Lealholm Show
- Saturday 9 - Castleton Show
- Saturday 23 - Stokesley Show*
*Look out for our marquee at these shows and come and say hello! We have free games, quizzes, leaflets and information – not to mention staff on hand to answer your questions.
- Looking after
- About us