All Members of the Authority serve on the Planning Committee.
Its responsibilities include:
- Determining planning applications
- Authorising some enforcement action
- Deciding on the formation and review of planning policies
- Authorising Tree Preservation Orders
Venue: The National Park Office, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley
Date: Thursday 24 July 2014 at 10.00am
1. Election of Chairman.
2. Election of Deputy Chairman.
5. Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to declare the nature of any personal, prejudicial and/or discloseable interests relating to any agenda item immediately prior to its consideration and are encouraged to complete a written declaration using the form provided.
6. Emergency Evacuation Procedure – The Chairman to inform Members of the Public of the emergency evacuation procedure.
(b) Planning Applications Determined by the Director of Planning.
(c) Enforcement Action Update
(e) Hedgerow Applications.
10. To consider applications, together with the Director of Planning recommendations thereon.
NB: The following information is available for inspection from 9.30am on the day of the meeting:
Relevant planning files.
Members update sheets.
Photographic evidence will be on display in the Committee Room (where applicable).
Updated recommendations (where applicable).
1a) NYM/2013/0763/FL - Change of use of land to form waste transfer station, construction of associated buildings, creation of access road and landscaping works on land adjacent Wilf Noble Building Supplies, Sneaton Lane, Ruswarp.
2a) NYM/2014/0365/FL - Retention of gabion retaining structure together with surfacing work to retaining wall terrace, stone facing to upper level of retaining wall, replacement of timber fence with stone wall and construction of brick built store and landscaping to patio area at Wesley Square, Beckside, Staithes.
3a) NYM/2014/0297/FL - Replacement of single storey lean-to roof with mono pitch roof incorporating bay window to rear, insertion of 2 no. rooflights to rear, replacement windows and door, replacement front dormer, insertion of rear dormer together with canopy over front door at Mon Abri, Church Street, Staithes.
4a) NYM/2014/0311/FL - Variation of condition 4 of planning consent NYM/2013/0485/FL to allow retention of stained cheeks of dormer window to rear at Sycamore Cottage, Appleton-le-Moors.
5a) NYM/2014/0390/FL - Extension to existing porch with french doors and balcony above together with enlargement of 1 no. window at Valley View, Golden Grove, Whitby.
6a) NYM/2014/0151/FL - Siting of 2 no. holiday units with associated amenity space at Shawn Riggs Caravan Park, Glen Esk Road, Ruswarp.
7a) NYM/2014/0400/CU - Change of use of dwelling to form additional letting rooms in association with The Black Swan at Ashberry House, Main Street, Oldstead.
11. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chairman, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
Mr C France, Director of Planning
- Looking after
- About us
- How the Authority works
- Meetings and agendas
- Archived Agendas
- Accessibility of Committee Room
- Parish Forums
- Our service to you
- Rights of way
- Press Office
- Job vacancies
- School and group visits
- Terms and Conditions