All Members of the Authority serve on the Planning Committee.
Its responsibilities include:
- Determining planning applications
- Authorising some enforcement action
- Deciding on the formation and review of planning policies
- Authorising Tree Preservation Orders
Meeting: Planning Committee
Venue: The National Park Office, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley
Date: Thursday 12 October 2023, 10am
Full pdf agenda
Members update sheet - available by 4pm the day before the meeting.
Meeting live stream
Planning Committee Decisions - 12 October 2023 - available within 24 hours of the meeting.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Public minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 7 September 2023.
3. Public question time (an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions)
4. Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to declare the nature of any personal, prejudicial and/or disclosable interests relating to any agenda item immediately prior to its consideration and are encouraged to complete a written declaration using the form provided.
5. Emergency evacuation procedure – The chair to inform members of the public of the emergency evacuation procedure.
6. Miscellaneous items
- a) Appeals (Development Management)
- b) Appeals (Enforcement)
- c) Planning applications determined by the Director of Planning
- d) List of enforcement matters determined by the Director of Planning
7. Dark Night Skies Supplementary Planning Document – Responses to consultation and recommendations for next steps prior to formal adoption.
8. To consider applications, together with the Director of Planning recommendations thereon.
- NYM/2023/0279 - Demolition of workshop and garage and construction of three holiday units with associated parking and amenity spaces at land to the rear of 3 Church Street, Helmsley
- NYM/2023/0513 - Construction of access (retrospective) and two principal residence dwellings with associated amenity space, parking and landscaping works (submission following expiration of outline approval NYM/2020/0324/OU) at land east of 12 Esk View, Egton
- NYM/2023/0553 - Removal of condition 4 of planning approval NYM/2022/0515 which prevents the siting and operating of mobile food/refreshment/ice cream vans on site at land to south east of junction with Bank Top Lane and Cleveland Way, Runswick Bay
- NYM/2023/0559 - Removal of conditions 8 and 17 of planning approval NYM/2022/0515 which requires removal of dropped kerb and the two buildings on site prior to the car park being brought into use at land to south east of junction with Bank Top Lane and Cleveland Way, Runswick Bay
- NYM/2023/0092 - Construction of one principal residence dwelling with associated driveway, parking, amenity space and landscaping works (resubmission following withdrawal of NYM/2022/0349) at land north of 1 Anglers Quarters, Glaisdale, Whitby
- NYM/2023/0432 - Variation of conditions 3 and 4 of planning approval NYM/2005/0216/FL to sever the tie with The Cornmill, Rosedale (now known as 1 The Old Mill, Rosedale) and 4 Old Mill Cottages Rosedale (known as The Flour Pot) and to allow a dual use as either a holiday let or local occupancy dwelling at 4 Old Mill Cottages, Post Office Road, Rosedale Abbey
- NYM/2023/0492 - Variation of condition three of planning approval NYM/2016/0367/CU to remove the 15 week holiday letting limit at Stowe Lodge, 56 Ellerby Lane, Runswick Bay
Relevant planning files are available for inspection prior to the Meeting upon request. Photographic evidence will be on display in the Committee Room (where applicable).
9. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chair, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
Director of Planning
Press Contact: Nina Beadle, Media and Communications Officer, 01439 772700
- To ensure this meeting is conducted in an open and transparent manner it will be live streamed to the public and recorded. A link will be published under the relevant meeting heading on the Authority’s website. The recording will be held in accordance with the Authority’s retention policy.
- The Authority allows the recording and reporting of public meetings but asks that any party wishing to do so informs the Authority in advance of the meeting. Recording and reporting that disrupts the meeting is not allowed. Persons expressly refusing consent, children and vulnerable adults cannot be filmed or photographed. The existing rules relating to confidential and exempt information, defamation, Data Protection and Public Order apply. The Authority accepts no liability whatsoever for the recording and reporting carried out by other parties.
- Members are reminded to turn all electronic equipment to silent mode, including mobile phones, laptop computers and tablets. Please note that only information that is available to Members during the Committee meeting should be accessed from a computer in the interests of sound decision making.
- Please note that the meeting may be adjourned to enable Members and Officers to have appropriate breaks (including lunch). This will only be undertaken when absolutely necessary and at the Chair’s discretion. Lunch will be available at approximately 12.30 pm. Members taking lunch will have the appropriate amount deducted from any subsistence claim they may make.
- Tea and coffee will be available a quarter of an hour before the meeting.
- Please ensure when parking in the car park that you have not caused an obstruction which could prevent emergency vehicles accessing the building.
- Judith Seaton should be notified of any apologies.
- This agenda and application documentation are also available on the website www.northyorkmoors.org.uk. Comments on planning applications can be submitted by post to North York Moors National Park Authority, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley, YO62 5BP or by e-mail to email@example.com
- A hard copy of this agenda is available in large print on request.