All Members of the Authority serve on the Planning Committee.
Its responsibilities include:
- Determining planning applications
- Authorising some enforcement action
- Deciding on the formation and review of planning policies
- Authorising Tree Preservation Orders
Meeting: Planning Committee
Venue: The National Park Office, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley
Date: Thursday, 13 July 2023, 10am
To view changes made after the agenda has gone to print, see the Members update sheet which will be available to view by 4pm the day before the Meeting.
Full agenda: Pages 1 to 52, Pages 53 to 297, Pages 298 to 437
1. Election of chair to take office until the first meeting of Planning Committee following the Annual General Meeting of the Authority
2. Election of deputy chair to take office until the first meeting of Planning Committee following the Annual General Meeting of the Authority
3. Apologies for absence
4. Public minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 18 May 2023
5. Public question time (an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions)
6. Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to declare the nature of any personal, prejudicial and/or disclosable interests relating to any agenda item immediately prior to its consideration and are encouraged to complete a written declaration using the form provided.
7. Emergency evacuation procedure – The chair to inform members of the public of the emergency evacuation procedure.
8. Miscellaneous items
- a) Appeals (Development Management)
- b) Appeals (Enforcement)
- c) Planning applications determined by the Director of Planning
- d) List of enforcement matters determined by the Director of Planning
9. Planning Customer Satisfaction Survey 2022
10. Draft Local Development Scheme and Statement of Community Involvement
11. Adoption of five new Conservation Area Appraisals
12. Forestry Plan Consultation – Kilburn and Oldstead
13. To consider applications, together with the Director of Planning recommendations thereon.
- NYM/2023/0318 - Conversion of cattery building to form one local occupancy live/work unit together with increase in roof height (0.4m), partial use of joiners workshop as living accommodation, re-cladding/roofing of the adjoining workshop (no asbestos) use of land as garden and associated landscaping works (revised scheme following withdrawal of NYM/2022/0588) at Valley View Farm, Station Road, Castleton
- NYM/2023/0139 - Use of land for the siting of one touring caravan for seasonal residential use (01 April to 30 September in any one calendar year) for a temporary five year period (retrospective) at land adjacent Red Barn, Hawsker Lane, Hawsker
- NYM/2023/0193 - Conversion of store to form one holiday letting unit at Store, Lion Yard, High Street, Staithes
- NYM/2023/0213 - Variation of condition 2 (material amendment) of planning approval NYM/2022/0435 to allow revised cross section and colour details of the approved windows at Garr End Cottage, Garth End, Staithes
- NYM/2023/0197 - Conversion of and extension to stable block to form residential annexe accommodation (revised scheme to NYM/2020/0721/FL) at Foxhill Paddocks, Low Road, Throxenby, Scarborough
- NYM/2023/0279 - Demolition of workshop and garage and construction of three holiday units with associated parking and amenity spaces at land to the rear of 3 Church Street, Helmsley
- NYM/2023/0257 - Erection of 30 metre high lattice mast with antennas, dishes and remote radio heads together with associated ground based equipment, siting of generator container and access track at Coate Moor, located north of Bankside Farm, Kildale
- NYM/2022/0685 - Retention of outdoor bar building and change of roof material to thatch at land to the south of The Horseshoe Hotel, Egton Bridge
- NYM/2023/0259 - Use of land for the siting of an additional six camping pods for holiday letting purposes at Fox and Hounds, 45 Brook Lane, Ainthorpe
Relevant planning files are available for inspection prior to the Meeting upon request. Photographic evidence will be on display in the Committee Room (where applicable).
14. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chair, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
Director of Planning
Press Contact: Nina Beadle, Media and Communications Officer, 01439 772700
- To ensure this meeting is conducted in an open and transparent manner it will be live streamed to the public and recorded. A link will be published under the relevant meeting heading on the Authority’s website. The recording will be held in accordance with the Authority’s retention policy.
- The Authority allows the recording and reporting of public meetings but asks that any party wishing to do so informs the Authority in advance of the meeting. Recording and reporting that disrupts the meeting is not allowed. Persons expressly refusing consent, children and vulnerable adults cannot be filmed or photographed. The existing rules relating to confidential and exempt information, defamation, Data Protection and Public Order apply. The Authority accepts no liability whatsoever for the recording and reporting carried out by other parties.
- Members are reminded to turn all electronic equipment to silent mode, including mobile phones, laptop computers and tablets. Please note that only information that is available to Members during the Committee meeting should be accessed from a computer in the interests of sound decision making.
- Please note that the meeting may be adjourned to enable Members and Officers to have appropriate breaks (including lunch). This will only be undertaken when absolutely necessary and at the Chair’s discretion. Lunch will be available at approximately 12.30 pm. Members taking lunch will have the appropriate amount deducted from any subsistence claim they may make.
- Tea and coffee will be available a quarter of an hour before the meeting.
- Please ensure when parking in the car park that you have not caused an obstruction which could prevent emergency vehicles accessing the building.
- Judith Seaton should be notified of any apologies.
- This agenda and application documentation are also available on the website www.northyorkmoors.org.uk. Comments on planning applications can be submitted by post to North York Moors National Park Authority, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley, YO62 5BP or by e-mail to email@example.com
- A hard copy of this agenda is available in large print on request.