All Members of the Authority serve on the Planning Committee.
Its responsibilities include:
- Determining planning applications
- Authorising some enforcement action
- Deciding on the formation and review of planning policies
- Authorising Tree Preservation Orders
Meeting: Planning Committee
Venue: The National Park Office, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley
Date: Thursday, 30 March 2023, 10am
To view changes made after the agenda has gone to print, see the Members Update Sheet which will be available to view by 4pm the day before the Meeting.
Full agenda (pdf)
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Public minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 9 February 2023.
3. Public question time (an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions).
4. Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to declare the nature of any personal, prejudicial and/or disclosable interests relating to any agenda item immediately prior to its consideration and are encouraged to complete a written declaration using the form provided.
5. Emergency evacuation procedure – The chair to inform members of the public of the emergency evacuation procedure.
6. Miscellaneous items
- Appeals (Development Management)
- Appeals (Enforcement)
- Planning applications determined by the Director of Planning
- List of enforcement matters determined by the Director of Planning
- Number of planning applications outstanding (over 13 weeks)
7. Botton Historic Area Assessment.
8. Forest Design Plan Consultation - Deer Park.
9. To consider applications, together with the Director of Planning recommendations thereon.
- NYM/2022/0588 - Conversion of and alterations and extensions to cattery building to form one local occupancy dwelling live/work unit together with re-cladding/roofing of the adjoining workshop and use of land as garden, together with retention and use of cattery building as joiner's/builder's workshop and associated landscaping works at Valley View Farm, Station Road, Castleton.
- NYM/2023/0063 - Construction of one local occupancy dwelling with associated landscaping and parking at land adjacent to Willow Wood Way, Stainsacre.
- NYM/2022/0905 - Removal of shed, construction of one dwelling with associated amenity space, erection of store and summerhouse and landscaping works at land to the rear of 25 Bondgate, accessed off Carlton Lane, Helmsley
- NYM/2022/0842 - Raising of building and roof height, alterations and extension to and change of use of former Church Rooms to community art studio and two bed holiday letting cottage at The Church Rooms, Glaisdale
Relevant planning files are available for inspection prior to the Meeting upon request. Photographic evidence will be on display in the Committee Room (where applicable).
10. Election of chair to take office until the first meeting of Planning Committee following the Annual General Meeting of the Authority.
11. Election of deputy chair to take office until the first meeting of Planning Committee following the Annual General Meeting of the Authority.
12. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chair, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
Director of Planning
Press Contact: Nina Beadle, Media and Communications Officer, 01439 772700
- The Authority allows the recording and reporting of public meetings but asks that any party wishing to do so informs the Authority in advance of the meeting. Recording and reporting that disrupts the meeting is not allowed. Persons expressly refusing consent, children and vulnerable adults cannot be filmed or photographed. The existing rules relating to confidential and exempt information, defamation, Data Protection and Public Order apply. The Authority accepts no liability whatsoever for the recording and reporting carried out by other parties.
- Members are reminded to turn all electronic equipment to silent mode, including mobile phones, laptop computers and tablets. Please note that only information that is available to Members during the Committee meeting should be accessed from a computer in the interests of sound decision making.
- Please note that the meeting may be adjourned to enable Members and Officers to have appropriate breaks (including lunch). This will only be undertaken when absolutely necessary and at the Chair’s discretion. Lunch will be available at approximately 12.30 pm. Members taking lunch will have the appropriate amount deducted from any subsistence claim they may make.
- Tea and coffee will be available a quarter of an hour before the meeting.
- Please ensure when parking in the car park that you have not caused an obstruction which could prevent emergency vehicles accessing the building.
- Judith Seaton should be notified of any apologies.
- This agenda and application documentation are also available on the website www.northyorkmoors.org.uk. Comments on planning applications can be submitted by post to North York Moors National Park Authority, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley, YO62 5BP or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This agenda is available in large print on request.