All Members of the Authority serve on the Planning Committee.
Its responsibilities include:
- Determining planning applications
- Authorising some enforcement action
- Deciding on the formation and review of planning policies
- Authorising Tree Preservation Orders
Meeting: Planning Committee
Venue: The National Park Office, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley
Date: Thursday, 9 February 2023, 10am
To view changes made after the agenda has gone to print, see the Members Update Sheet which will be available to view by 4pm the day before the Meeting.
Full agenda (pdf)
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Public minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 1 December 2022.
3. Public question time (an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions).
4. Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to declare the nature of any personal, prejudicial and/or disclosable interests relating to any agenda item immediately prior to its consideration and are encouraged to complete a written declaration using the form provided.
5. Emergency evacuation procedure – The chair to inform members of the public of the emergency evacuation procedure.
6. Miscellaneous items
- Appeals (Development Management)
- Appeals (Enforcement)
- Planning applications determined by the Director of Planning
- List of enforcement matters determined by the Director of Planning
7. Enforcement update report.
8. Consultation on changes to national planning policy - Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill.
9. To consider applications, together with the Director of Planning recommendations thereon.
- NYM/2022/0878 - Variation of condition 2 (material amendment) of planning approval NYM/2022/0258 to allow the construction of a detached single garage at land adjacent 2 Beacon Way, Sneaton
- NYM/2022/0869 - Removal of caravan and two existing sheds and erection of timber shed for agricultural storage purposes (revised scheme following withdrawal of NYM/2022/0371) at land off Woodhead Field Lane, Gillamoor
- NYM/2022/0733 - Removal of conservatory and construction of two storey extension with glazed link to domestic outbuilding at Osbourne Cottage, Houlsyke
- NYM/2022/0563 - Construction of one local connection dwelling with associated access, parking, amenity space and landscaping works at High Cragwell, Aislaby
Relevant planning files are available for inspection prior to the Meeting upon request. Photographic evidence will be on display in the Committee Room (where applicable).
10. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chair, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
Director of Planning
Press Contact: Nina Beadle, Media and Communications Officer, 01439 772700
- The Authority allows the recording and reporting of public meetings but asks that any party wishing to do so informs the Authority in advance of the meeting. Recording and reporting that disrupts the meeting is not allowed. Persons expressly refusing consent, children and vulnerable adults cannot be filmed or photographed. The existing rules relating to confidential and exempt information, defamation, Data Protection and Public Order apply. The Authority accepts no liability whatsoever for the recording and reporting carried out by other parties.
- Members are reminded to turn all electronic equipment to silent mode, including mobile phones, laptop computers and tablets. Please note that only information that is available to Members during the Committee meeting should be accessed from a computer in the interests of sound decision making.
- Please note that the meeting may be adjourned to enable Members and Officers to have appropriate breaks (including lunch). This will only be undertaken when absolutely necessary and at the Chair’s discretion. Lunch will be available at approximately 12.30 pm. Members taking lunch will have the appropriate amount deducted from any subsistence claim they may make.
- Tea and coffee will be available a quarter of an hour before the meeting.
- Please ensure when parking in the car park that you have not caused an obstruction which could prevent emergency vehicles accessing the building.
- Judith Seaton should be notified of any apologies.
- This agenda and application documentation are also available on the website www.northyorkmoors.org.uk. Comments on planning applications can be submitted by post to North York Moors National Park Authority, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley, YO62 5BP or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This agenda is available in large print on request.