Finance, Risk, Audit and Standards Committee
- Decide budgeting and financial matters, in accordance with the Authority's Financial Regulations
- Monitoring the performance against budgets and set financial targets and budgets for future years
- Monitor the Authority's performance against targets
- Consider, adopt and monitor corporate personnel policies and practices
- Steer the organisation towards the highest ethical standards and the fullest possible compliance with Nolan Principles and the organisation's Values and Codes of Conduct
Meeting: Finance, Risk, Audit and Standards Committee
Venue: The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley
Date: Tuesday 29 August, 2023, at 10.00am
1. Election of Chair to take office until the first meeting of the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee following the Annual General Meeting of the Authority
2. Election of Deputy Chair to take office until the first meeting of the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee following the Annual General Meeting of the Authority
3. Apologies for absence
4. Public minutes on the meeting held on 22 May 2023
5. Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to declare the nature of any personal, prejudicial and/or disclosable interests relating to any agenda item immediately prior to its consideration and are encouraged to complete a written declaration using the form provided.
6. Emergency evacuation procedure – The chair to inform members of the public of the emergency evacuation procedure.
7. Exclusion of the public from the meeting during consideration of items 16 & 17 on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 1, 2 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.
8. Grant Thornton report, Draft Audit Findings ISA260 Report and Letter of representation
Appendix 1 to item 8
9. Internal Audit Annual Report and Plan for 2023/24
Appendix 1 to item 9
Appendix 2 to item 9
10. Quarter 1 Finance update
11. External Funding
12. Strategy and Business Plan monitoring quarterly performance scorecard
13. Health and Safety update
14. Corporate Risk Register update
15. Committee Self-effectiveness assessment review
Private business - Minutes/reports circulated to Members only
16. Private minutes of the meeting held on 22 May 2023
17. Complaints and Compliments review, including LGO Annual Report
18. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chair, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
Chief Executive (National Park Officer): Tom Hind
Press Contact: Nina Beadle, Media and Communications Officer, 01439 772700