Our Customer Service Standards
We are very keen to provide excellent standards of customer service and are always trying to get better at what we do.
We will always:
- Treat all our customers fairly, equally and with respect.
- Try to make our communications clear and easy to understand.
When you call us we will:
- Aim to answer the phone in person within five rings.
- Resolve your query or pass it on to a member of staff who will respond within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Provide an alternative method of contacting the relevant person if appropriate.
When you write to us or email we will:
- Aim to answer within a maximum of ten working days.
- If we are unable to reply within this timescale we will reply with an anticipated date when a full response will be given.
When you visit us we will:
- Attend to you as soon as possible.
- Be welcoming, polite and professional.
- Provide clean and comfortable facilities.
We will also:
- Make it easy for you to give us your feedback.
- Use your feedback to help to improve our services.
- Regularly inform you how we are doing.
We will measure how well we do through:
- Mystery Shopper surveys
- Logging and tracking systems
- Satisfaction surveys
We also have four strong values which guide the way in which we do our work:
- We are proud to be part of an organisation that conserves, enhances and champions this spectacular landscape
- We are collaborative - we work positively and proactively with others to achieve our shared vision of the North York Moors
- We are professional - we are doers, enablers and inspirers. We uphold the highest professional standards to bring about positive change for the National Park
- We are welcoming - inclusivity and empathy are at the heart of who we are and what we represent - the National Park is a place for all.
Please note when submitting plans to the Authority, that where parties appear to the Authority to be acting in breach of copyright or other intellectual property right, the Authority may pass their details to the owner of the relevant rig