RP05 Routes Along the Rye
We want more people to have the opportunity to connect with the river, and improve their health and wellbeing by spending time outside in nature.
We plan to do this by improving access along four walking routes within the Rye catchment, by removing barriers and improving interpretation and signage along the route. We will create circular riverside walks by linking up existing routes that we can promote to visitors.
Project Aim: To improve opportunities for people to access, enjoy and understand the waterside environment of the River Rye and its tributaries.
- Reduced negative environmental impacts
- More people and a wider range of people will have engaged with the landscape
- People will have developed skills
- People will have learnt about heritage
- Heritage will be better managed and in better condition
- Heritage will be identified/recorded