WQE07 Ryevitalised Farming: Working with Farmers
Farming is intrinsic to the landscape of the North York Moors, and around 45% of its land is farmed. This project aims to engage with the farmers living within the catchment and promote best practice.
We have a series of events planned which will focus on soil health and sustainability, as well as farm visits promoting discussion on soil management practices and how modifications can lead to improvements in water quality and farm sustainability.
Project Aim: To encourage learning and sharing of best practice amongst land managers in order to bring about environmental improvements in the Rye Catchment.
- More people engaged through training and education
- More people developing skills
- Landowner engagement
- Habitat improvements
- Better managed water environment and water quality
- Reduced pollution
- Reduced environmental impacts
- Better place to live, work and visit