Local Plan - Submission Draft
The Submission Draft (July 2019)
The draft North York Moors Local Plan was submitted on 2 July 2019 to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government for independent examination. Submission of the Local Plan marks the beginning of a public examination process.
Richard Schofield BA (Hons) MA MRTPI has been appointed to carry out the independent examination. We expect the Examination in Public to take place in November 2019. Details of the Examination will be sent to those who made representations at Regulation 18 stage at least six weeks prior to its commencement.
Liz Sheard has been appointed Programme Officer. Liz will act as the contact point for all matters relating to the Examination in Public. She can be contacted as follows:
By email - email@example.com
By telephone: 0797 6292836
By post : Liz Sheard, c/o Planning Policy, The North York Moors National Park Authority, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley, North Yorkshire YO62 5BP.
Local Plan Submission Documents
The following documents are published at this stage under Regulation 22 of the 2012 Local Planning (England Regulations):
- The Draft Local Plan (Regulation 19 Consultation) (April 2019).
- The Submission Draft Local Plan Policy Maps. These maps show proposed changes to the existing Policies Map including proposed designation of Community Spaces and Environmental Enhancement Sites(Policy ENV15 and Community Spaces (Policy CO5)
- Schedule of Proposed Modifications following Regulation 19 consultation (June 2019).
- Draft Local Plan with tracked changes showing proposed modifications.
- The Sustainability Appraisal Report - Pre-Submission Version (March 2019):
- Main Report
- Non-Technical Summary
- Appendices 1 to 4 - Requirements of SEA Directive, Review of Plans, Consultation Responses
- Appendix 5 - Sustainability Appraisals for each Policy
- Appendices 6 to 8 - Cumulative Effects of Pre-Submission Policies,Recommended Mitigation, Monitoring Framework
- The Sustainability Appraisal Report - Addendum (June 2019). An assessment of the effects of the Main Modifications proposed by the Authority, should they be included in the final Plan.
- The Statement of Consultation (June 2019). This explains how the Authority has involved people in the plan - making process and explains what consultation was undertaken and what responses were made.
- Representations made to the Regulation 19 draft Plan under Regulation 20 - ordered by Respondent, with the Authority's response and proposed action.
- Representations made to the Regulation 19 draft Plan under Regulation 20 - ordered by Policy, with the Authority's response and proposed action.
Weight To Be Attached To Draft Policies
On 5 September 2019 the Authority approved a schedule of draft Local Plan policies that the Authority may attach weight to in future decision making on the grounds that the draft local plan is at a sufficiently advanced stage of plan-making that that no significant objections have been made.
- Looking after
- Policies and Plans
- Housing policies
- Supplementary planning documents
- Minerals and Waste Joint Plan
- Current consultations
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Evidence Base
- Custom and Self-Build Register
- Local Development Scheme & Statement of Community Involvement
- Brownfield Land Register
- Draft Local Plan - Preferred Options
- Local Plan - Pre-Submission Draft
- Local Plan - Submission Draft
- Planning applications
- View an application
- Meet the Planning Team
- Building conservation
- Planning advice notes
- Sirius Minerals Polyhalite Mine (WoodSmith Mine)
- Fracking (shale gas)
- Planning and Administration advice
- Policies and Plans
- About us