We like our beer here in the North York Moors. With at least 160 independent breweries in Yorkshire, there's plenty of great craft beer to choose from, as well as artisan gins, ciders and more. Pint glass in hand, keep an eye out for these (non-alcoholic beverages too) in pubs, beer festivals, hotels, farm shops and delis, and gift shops.
- Ampleforth Abbey - cider, cider brandy, apple liqueur, flavoured gins and monastic beer
- Bad Seed Brewery (Malton)
- Baytown - beer, cider and lager inspired by Robin Hood's Bay smuggling heritage
- Brass Castle (Malton) - open for tours around the tanks
- Captain Cook Brewery - brewing gems such as Endeavour since 1999, find their beer at the White Swan pub in Stokesley and the Bay Horse in Hutton Rudby
- The Captain Cook Distillery – sister company to the brewery of the same name, Endeavour, First Voyage gin id handcrafted with 10 botanicals including heather tips from the North York Moors
- Helmsley Brewing Company - microbrewery complete with viewing gallery, tasting room and brewery tap
- Lickerish Tooth (Egton) - micro distillery, hand crafted gins and vodkas from the North York Moors
- Malton Brewery - home to Yorkshire Pudding Beer and Horsetown Beers that celebrate Malton and Norton's horse racing history
- The New Inn (Cropton) - hand crafted cask, kegs and bottle conditioned real ale, lager and cider, tours of microbrewery also available
- North Yorkshire Brewing Company - cask and bottle conditioned beers
- Orchards of Husthwaite - cider and juices pressed from apple and pear trees grown by Hustwaite's villagers and sold at the monthly Hovingham Village Market
- Rare Bird Distillery (Malton) - artisan gin plus gin school and tours
- Ryedale Brewing Company - brewed on the edge of the National Park, look out for their ales in pubs and restaurants
- Scarborough Brewery with brewery tap and bottle shop, music nights and brewery tours
- Suddaby's (Malton)
- Tree Top Press (Suffield) - produce real cider from 100% apple juice, picked and pressed by hand, as well as single-variety apple juices and fruit cordials
- Treboom Brewery (Shipton-by-Beningbrough) - check out Myricale, made with bog myrtle found on the North York Moors; sales also support Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
- Whitby Brewery - found in pubs around Whitby, or bottled in shops and restaurants, brewery tap too and brewery tours available on request
- Whitby Gin - From beach to batch, their signature botanicals include heather foraged from the North York Moors, sugar kelp and local honey
- Wold Top Brewery (Wold Newton)
You can also taste the fruits of the Skinningrove Country Wine Company. Their wine uses recipes based on traditional methods using homegrown or foraged blackberries, cowslips, elderberries, dandelions and more, and fermented using organic sugars and honeys. Find them at farmers' markets and local country shows.
SLOEmotion is also keen on harvesting the hedgerows to source sloes for their range of gin, vodka, brandy and whisky, and nothing goes to waste, with the spent fruit used to produce chocolate truffles and chutneys.