Christmas wrapped up
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
In the festive run up, why not take a look at our seasonal gift ideas that celebrate the North York Moors and take the stress out of Christmas shopping?
Head to our National Park Centres at Danby and Sutton Bank
From stocking fillers to gifts for that 'hard to buy for' relative, our Centres have plenty of options for presents that you'd be hard pushed to find on the high street.
You'll find plenty of ideas in the The Moors National Park Centre's art shop which features beautiful pottery, hand crafted scarves, jewellery and more, while the Brigantia's Uniquely Made exhibition in the Inspired by... gallery showcases fantastic work by local artists and craftworkers. Create some Christmas magic for your little ones and pay a visit to Father Christmas in his grotto on the weekend 14-15 December.
Over at Sutton Bank National Park Centre, our gift shop stocks a wide range of crafts, books, children's toys, food and drink – much of which is produced in and around the North York Moors.
Don't forget you'll receive a special 10% off when you spend £25+ in the gift shops every Wednesday from 4-18 December as a special Christmas offer in both of our Centres.
The Centres are open daily in December from 10.30am until 4pm (closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). The onsite cafés serve seasonal food and drink, and both locations have great family-friendly walks from the door too!
Why not do something a bit different this Christmas and give an experience as a gift? From foraging through to photography workshops, here's some of the best North York Moors experiences.
- With the Dark Skies Festival on the horizon (14 February - 1 March 2020), give a loved one an experience they'll never forget from stargazing safaris and night navigation to photography workshops and candlelight walks.
- For an unforgettable wildlife experience, go for a gift voucher from the experts at Yorkshire Coast Nature valid on any of their photography workshops, trips or wildlife safaris. Fill in their contact form or give them a call on 01723 865498.
- Got a creative flair? Cober Hill have a range of craft and art workshops to suit any artistic appetite, including lacemaking and stained glass.
- For the foodies in your family, let them hone their cooking skills at one of the excellent Cookery Schools in the area, choose from Arches Cookery School or My Kitchen at Woodlands Farm B&B.
- For cyclists, buy a great two wheeled experience for use at Sutton Bank Bikes and Dalby Bike Barn and improve the family's biking skills on one of their cycling courses.
- For those who enjoy a challenge in the great outdoors, book an adventure with one of these experts from sea kayaking, bushcraft and gorge scrambling through to gliding and social walking breaks, there's something to suit all tastes.
With so many great events and activities on in the run up to Christmas, why not book a late autumn escape to one of the North York Moors' forests? It's the perfect time for leaf watching, as our forests are full of rich gold and red hues. Pack your woollies and your wellies, bring the dog, and get ready to explore on a pre-Christmas break at Forest Holidays in Keldy and Cropton Forest.
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Christmas wrapped up
- Dark skies
- Amazing views
- TV and film locations
- Ideas for rainy days
- Forests and woodlands
- Dog friendly
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- The English National Park Experience Collection
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us