There are lots of ways to actively support and get involved with the Inspired by... gallery, from volunteering and sponsorship, to becoming a friend of the gallery through our supporters scheme. Scroll down to find out more.
Call for Artists
Cleveland Way in Miniature
We're inviting established and emerging artists to submit miniature works of art on postcards for a late spring exhibition, Cleveland Way in Miniature, which begins on 11 May 2019.
Artists are invited to submit an application to the gallery by 1 May 2019. They can submit up to 6 original pieces of postcard art inspired by the Cleveland Way National Trail at 50 using any medium – from drawings, photographs and paintings through to printmaking and textiles. Each postcard will remain unsigned when it’s on display, with the artist’s name only being revealed after each card has been purchased.
North York Moors Art Award
The North York Moors National Park Trust and the Inspired by... gallery have teamed up to host the inaugural North York Moors Art Award. We are inviting established and emerging artists to submit works of art (any paint media) that explores their connection with the landscape for a summer exhibition, Landscapes of the Mind and Heart, which begins on 3 August.
Artists are invited to submit their entries by 31 May and can submit a single entry only. Prizes will be awarded for the judges two favourite pieces. There will also be a ‘people’s choice’ award for the work of art voted as most popular by the public during the exhibition. Please see full details of the submission process and the prizes available here.
Become an Inspired by… supporter
Do you love art, crafts and beautifully designed handmade pieces by artists who draw their inspiration from the beautiful North York Moors National Park? Would you like to escape everyday stresses and take time out to relax with like-minded people in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere?
The success of the gallery has depended on the support and patronage of its visitors over the last decade. We are delighted to invite you to join us on our continuing artistic journey with the launch of an inspiring Membership Scheme for supporters of the Inspired by... gallery.
With your support, we can:
- Create stimulating exhibitions
- Encourage a love of art, craft and live music
- Provide an uplifting hub of creativity
Because art matters... from just £35 per year
Becoming a member of our Supporters Scheme will give you access to a wide range of benefits without costing you a fortune.
- We’ll invite you to a special preview of our latest exhibitions exclusively for supporters, where you'll receive a 10% discount
- Enjoy the latest artwork by your favourite artists and receive an exclusive 10% discount at our ‘Meet the Artist’ events
- 10% discount for yourself for entry into four gallery events per year (with the exception of the WEA Adult Learning Courses which are booked directly with WEA).
- All the latest news on your favourite artists and what’s happening at the gallery via an exclusive e-newsletter three times a year
- Enjoy searching for that ‘something different’ gift for family and friends with a 10% discount in our Art Shop and at special shopping events
- You'll also be entered into our monthly prize draw
You can join as an individual or as a joint membership with someone living at the same address.
You can join our Scheme by:
- Calling 01439 772738 to pay by debit or credit card
- Downloading the application form and returning the completed form with a cheque
- Or by using the online payment option through PayPal below.
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- Forests and woodlands
- Cleveland Way Photo Competition
- Dog friendly
- Geology rocks!
- Land of myths & legends
- Retreat and romance
- Capital of Cake
- Dark skies
- Market towns and villages
- Great for kids
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- The English National Park Experience Collection
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us