Planning your visit
Opening times for Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- Daily April to October, 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Daily November and December, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Daily 26 December - 3 January 2022, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- January and February 2022, weekends only until 20 February, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily 21 - 28 February, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily 1 March to 31 October, 10.00am to 5.00pm
Opening times for Park Life Café
Please note Park Life Café may be open at different times to the National Park Centre.
Opening times for Sutton Bank Bikes
Please note Sutton Bank Bikes may be open at different times to the National Park Centre, see opening times on their website for the most up-to-date information.
To find out more, call
How to get here
Sutton Bank National Park Centre is six miles (9.5km) east of Thirsk (or 7.5 miles (12km) west of Helmsley) at the top of Sutton Bank on the A170.
There is limited public transport to Sutton Bank. The nearest railway station is in Thirsk (7.5 miles away). From July to September, Moorsbus operates a seasonal bus service (M5) on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays. Seasonal bus services have now finished, details for 2022 will be added once confirmed.
There are pay and display car parks.
Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- Time for You
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- TV and film locations
- Ideas for sunny days
- Forests and woodlands
- Retreat and romance
- Dark skies
- Capital of Cake
- Dog friendly
- Land of myths & legends
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- National Park Experiences
- North York Moors Coast
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us