Agricultural and country shows
The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
- Monday 27 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley
- Sunday 16 - North Yorkshire County Show, Near Bedale
- Sunday 30 - Malton Show, Scampston Park
- Tuesday 9 to Thursday 11 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
- Wednesday 17 - Driffield Show
- Saturday 27 - Cleveland Show, Stewart Park, Marton
- Tuesday 30 - Ryedale Show, Welburn Park, Kirkbymoorside*
- Wednesday 31 - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk
- Saturday 3 - Osmotherley Show
- Tuesday 6 - Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains.
- Wednesday 7 - Thornton le Dale Show*
- Friday 9 - Hinderwell Show
- Wednesday 14 - Danby Show*
- Saturday 17 - Rosedale Show*
- Wednesday 21 - Egton Show*
- Monday 26 - Farndale Show
- Saturday 31 - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate*
- Saturday 7 - Kildale Show
- Saturday 7 - Lealholm Show
- Saturday 14 - Castleton Show
- Saturday 21 - Stokesley Show*
* Look out for our marquee at these shows and come and say hello! We have free games, quizzes, leaflets and information – not to mention staff on hand to answer your questions.
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us