Agricultural and country shows
The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
- Monday 2 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley
- Sunday 26 - Malton Show, Scampston Park
- Tuesday 12 to Friday 15 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
- Wednesday 20 - Driffield Show
- Tuesday 26 - Ryedale Show*
- Saturday 30 - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk
- Tuesday 2 - Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains.
- Wednesday 3 - Thornton le Dale Show*
- Friday 5 - Hinderwell Show
- Saturday 6 - Osmotherley Show
- Wednesday 10 - Danby Show*
- Saturday 13 - Goathland Village Show (80th anniversary)*
- Saturday 20 - MakeBakeandGrow event, Turret Field, Rosedale. Please note Rosedale Show will not be running in 2022
- Wednesday 24 - Egton Show*
- Saturday 27 - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate*
- Monday 29 - Farndale Show
- Saturday 3 - Kildale Show
- Date tbc - Lealholm Show
- Saturday 10 - Castleton Show*
- Sunday 11 - North Yorkshire County Show, Near Bedale
- Saturday 17 - Stokesley Show*
* Look out for us on these dates and come and say hello!
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us