Agricultural and country shows
The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
- Monday 25 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley
- Sunday 21 - North Yorkshire County Show, Near Bedale - CANCELLED
- Sunday 28 - Malton Show, Scampston Park - CANCELLED
- Tuesday 14 to Thursday 16 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 22 - Driffield Show - CANCELLED
- Cleveland Show, Stewart Park, Marton - CANCELLED
- Tuesday 28 - Ryedale Show, Welburn Park, Kirkbymoorside* - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 29 - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk - CANCELLED
- Saturday 1 - Osmotherley Show
- Tuesday 4 - Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains.
- Wednesday 5 - Thornton le Dale Show* - CANCELLED
- Thursday 6 to Sunday 9 - BBC Countryfile Live, Castle Howard* - CANCELLED
- Friday 7 - Hinderwell Show
- Wednesday 12 - Danby Show (160th Show in 2020)*
- Saturday 15 - Rosedale Show*
- Wednesday 26 - Egton Show*
- Saturday 29 - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate (110th Show in 2020)*
- Monday 31 - Farndale Show
- Saturday 5 - Kildale Show
- Saturday 5 (TBC) - Lealholm Show
- Saturday 12 - Castleton Show
- Saturday 19 - Stokesley Show*
* Look out for our marquee at these shows and come and say hello! We have free games, quizzes, leaflets and information – not to mention staff on hand to answer your questions.
- Looking after
- About us