Agricultural and country shows
Due to COVID-19, all country shows were cancelled in 2020. We look forward to seeing you in 2021.
The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
- Monday 31 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley
- Sunday 20 - North Yorkshire County Show, Near Bedale
- Sunday (date tbc) - Malton Show, Scampston Park
- Tuesday 13 to Thursday 15 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
- Wednesday 21 - Driffield Show
- Saturday 24 - Cleveland Show, Stewart Park, Marton
- Tuesday 27 - Ryedale Show, Welburn Park, Kirkbymoorside
- Wednesday (date tbc) - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk
- Saturday 7 - Osmotherley Show
- Tuesday 3 - Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains.
- Wednesday 4 - Thornton le Dale Show*
- Friday 6 - Hinderwell Show
- Wednesday 11 - Danby Show*
- Saturday (date tbc) - Rosedale Show*
- Wednesday 25 - Egton Show*
- Saturday (date tbc) - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate*
- Monday (date tbc) - Farndale Show
- Saturday 4 - Kildale Show
- Saturday (date tbc) - Lealholm Show
- Saturday (date tbc) - Castleton Show
- Saturday 18 - Stokesley Show*
* Look out for our marquee at these Shows and come and say hello! We have free games, quizzes, leaflets and information – not to mention staff on hand to answer your questions.
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us