Book a visit for early years or KS1 pupils
The activities below can be combined to fill a full day or half day trip. For further information on any of the activities outlined below, including a full breakdown of activities, outcomes and opportunities to extend the learning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Activity||Location||Age-range||Duration||Main curriculum links||Description|
|Enchanted woodland||Danby Lodge||Ages 5-7 years||Full day|
|Literacy, Science, Design and Technology, PHSE||Exploring our local woodland, this day is inspired by the book The Woodlings and the Wish Dragon (free copy on booking). Children create stories and develop their literacy skills inspired by this outdoor adventure.|
|Gruffalo adventure||Danby Lodge||Ages 4-7 years||Full day (10am-2pm)||English, Geography, Science, Art and Design||Children follow an activity trail around Crow Wood learning about woodland wildlife plus creating natural art.|
|Treasure hunt||Danby Lodge||Ages 5-7||Full day|
|Geography||Inspired by Nick Butterworth’s book ‘The Treasure Hunt’. The day consists of two activities (a treasure hunt and a map activity) with a lunch break in between.|
|One snowy night||Danby Lodge||Ages 5-7||Full day|
|Science, English||A wildlife-themed activity trail based on Nick Butterworth's popular Percy the Park Keeper story - available only on selected dates, November to December.|
|Woodland adventure||Danby Lodge||Ages 5-7||90 minutes||Geography||Children learn about a woodland habitat and its wildlife through a variety of resources, sensory games and hands on activities.|
|Countryside adventure||Danby Lodge||Ages 5-7||90 minutes||Geography, Science||A lovely walk from Danby Lodge to a small stream and back - total distance 1km. Children learn about wildlife in three different habitats.|
|The Lost Words||Danby Lodge||Ages 5-7||Full day|
|Literacy, Science||Based on the bestselling book ‘The Lost Words’. Children hunt for the lost words in Crow Wood and make a collective acrostic poem. Includes a 1km story walk through woods, fields and down to a small stream.|
Current costs per pupil: Primary (and early years) prices
A morning (10am-12pm) or afternoon (1pm-3pm) session: £4.50 (Min. per group £67.50)
A 'short day' with an hour for lunch (typically 10am to 2.30pm): £6 (Min. per group £90)
An 'extended' day (anything longer than a 'short day', up to 9am to 4.30pm): £7 (Min. per group £105)
No deposit is required upon booking.
- Free places for all teachers and adult helpers
- Resources and materials
- Trained and experienced education leaders (including first aid and H&S training)
- Pre and post-course support activities to ensure sessions can be linked to work back at school
- Costs are not subject to VAT
- No additional booking fee or deposit required
How to book
- Read the activity descriptions above and call us if you would like to discuss any of the activities in more detail. Unless you request otherwise, we will provide activities as described.
- Read the pre-visit information for group leaders.
- Check the costs and read the 'Booking Terms and Conditions' below.
- Make a list of any preferred dates for your visit.
- To make a provisional booking, ring the National Park Outdoor Learning team on 01439 772751 or email email@example.com
- We will then send you a booking form to complete and return to us.
- Your booking will be confirmed in writing within 10 working days of us receiving your booking form.
- An invoice for the total cost will be sent to you immediately after your visit. Please do not bring cheques or cash on the day.
Booking terms and conditions
- Your booking will be confirmed by letter or email within 10 days after the Outdoor Learning Team has received your Booking Form.
- No payment is required before your visit or on the day. An invoice will be sent to you immediately after your visit. Full payment is required within 30 days. Cheques payable to: North York Moors National Park Authority.
- Group leaders must inform the Outdoor Learning Team of any changes to party size after the booking is confirmed. If a group arrives with extra pupils, not having informed the Outdoor Learning Team in advance, the extra pupils may not be permitted to participate in booked activities if, in the opinion of the Head of Outdoor Learning, there are insufficient National Park Leaders available to carry out the activity safely and successfully.
- Booked activities may be altered or cancelled on the day if, in the opinion of the Head of Outdoor Learning, there are potential risks to health and safety due to bad weather, late arrival of groups, inadequately equipped pupils or poorly behaved pupils. In such an event, National Park Leaders will consult with the visiting leader and provide an adapted or alternative activity wherever possible.
- In the event of a group cancelling their visit within 20 to 11 working days of that visit, the group will be required to pay half the cost of the activities.
- In the event of a group cancelling their visit within 10 working days of that visit, the group will be required to pay the full cost of the activities.