All Members of the Authority serve on the Planning Committee.
Its responsibilities include:
- Determining planning applications
- Authorising some enforcement action
- Deciding on the formation and review of planning policies
- Authorising Tree Preservation Orders
Members of the public may be able to give their views verbally at the Committee Meeting. Please see our guidance on Speaking at Planning Committee.
Planning Committee Agenda
Venue: The National Park Office, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley
Date: Thursday 22 November 2012 at 10am
2. Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to declare the nature of any personal and prejudicial interests relating to any agenda item immediately prior to its consideration and are encouraged to complete a written declaration using the form provided.
3. Emergency Evacuation Procedure – The Chairman to inform Members of the Public of the emergency evacuation procedure.
9. To consider applications, together with the Director of Planning recommendations thereon.
1a) NYM/2012/0520/FL - Installation of replacement timber double glazed windows and doors together with extension to rear lean-to, insertion of rooflights and change of roof material to lean-to and relocation of oil tank at 23 Rosedale Abbey, Pickering.
2a) NYM/2012/0529/FL - Change of use of and alterations including insertion of 5 no. rooflights and solar panels to outdoor pursuit centre to form guest house, use of granary as holiday letting accommodation, use of dining room as tea room, provision of art facilities and erection of portacabin with climbing wall, erection of stable block/activity area and provision of bike storage in association with proposed mountain bike hire, rebuilding of pavilion for use as staff quarters, siting of air source heat pumps, erection of stone pillars and entrance gates and associated landscaping works (revised scheme to NYM/2011/0657/FL) at Sutherland Lodge, Cropton.
3a) NYM/2012/0595/FL - Insertion of 1 no. rooflight to front facing roofslope at 1 Low Mill Court, Westgate, Thornton le Dale.
4a) NYM/2012/0681/FL - Construction of manager's dwelling with associated parking, amenity space and landscaping works at Beacon Farm, Beacon Way, Sneaton.
5a) NYM/2012/0660/FL - Construction of dining hall building with meeting rooms and storage space above following demolition of existing prefabricated building at St Hedda's RC Primary School, Egton Bridge.
NB: The following information is available for inspection from 9.30am on the day of the meeting:
• Relevant planning files.
• Members update sheets.
• Photographic evidence will be on display in the Committee Room (where applicable).
• Updated recommendations (where applicable).
10. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chairman, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
Mr C France
Director of Planning
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us
- How the Authority works
- Meetings and agendas
- Archived Agendas
- Accessibility of Committee Room
- Parish Forums
- Test pdfs
- Our service to you
- School and group visits
- Rights of way
- Press Office
- Job vacancies
- Terms and Conditions