Local Plan - Submission Draft
The Submission Draft (July 2019)
The draft North York Moors Local Plan was submitted on 2 July 2019 to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government for independent examination.
All consultees will be notified and details of the Examination will be sent to those who made representations at Regulation 18 stage at least six weeks prior to its commencement.
Local Plan Submission Documents
The following documents are published at this stage under Regulation 22 of the 2012 Local Planning (England Regulations):
- The Draft Local Plan (Regulation 19 Consultation) (April 2019).
- The Submission Draft Local Plan Policy Maps. These maps show proposed changes to the existing Policies Map including proposed designation of Community Spaces and Environmental Enhancement Sites(Policy ENV15 and Community Spaces (Policy CO5)
- Schedule of Proposed Modifications following Regulation 19 consultation (June 2019).
- Draft Local Plan with tracked changes showing proposed modifications.
- The Sustainability Appraisal Report - Pre-Submission Version (March 2019):
- Main Report
- Non-Technical Summary
- Appendices 1 to 4 - Requirements of SEA Directive, Review of Plans, Consultation Responses
- Appendix 5 - Sustainability Appraisals for each Policy
- Appendices 6 to 8 - Cumulative Effects of Pre-Submission Policies,Recommended Mitigation, Monitoring Framework
- The Sustainability Appraisal Report - Addendum (June 2019). An assessment of the effects of the Main Modifications proposed by the Authority, should they be included in the final Plan.
- The Statement of Consultation (June 2019). This explains how the Authority has involved people in the plan - making process and explains what consultation was undertaken and what responses were made.
- Representations made to the Regulation 19 draft Plan under Regulation 20 - ordered by Respondent, with the Authority's response and proposed action.
- Representations made to the Regulation 19 draft Plan under Regulation 20 - ordered by Policy, with the Authority's response and proposed action.
Submission of the Local Plan marks the beginning of a public examination process. Independent Planning Inspectors have been appointed to carry out an independent examination of the Local Plan and Policies Maps and determine whether they are sound, legally compliant and fulfil the duty to co-operate.
Local Plan - Programme Officer.
The Authority has appointed an independent Programme Officer, Liz Sheard, to assist the independent Inspector through the examination. Liz will be responsible for all procedural matters relating to the examination, and all future correspondence with respondents to the regarding the independent examination will be through her. This is a continuous process running from the date of submission through to when we receive the appointed Planning Inspector’s Report. Part of this process will involve hearing sessions where attendees will have the opportunity to respond to matters raised by the appointed Planning Inspector. The submission of further written material to the examination will be determined by the Inspector. Once confirmed, all details relating to the examination process will be advertised, made available online and sent to all respondents.
Local Plan - Examination.
All updates about the Local Plan Examination process, timetable and other relevant information will be made available on the Examination page.
- Looking after
- Policies and Plans
- Housing policies
- Supplementary planning documents
- Minerals and Waste Joint Plan
- Current consultations
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Evidence Base
- Custom and Self-Build Register
- Local Development Scheme & Statement of Community Involvement
- Brownfield Land Register
- Draft Local Plan - Preferred Options
- Local Plan - Pre-Submission Draft
- Local Plan - Submission Draft
- Planning applications
- View an application
- Meet the Planning Team
- Building conservation
- Planning advice notes
- Sirius Minerals Polyhalite Mine (WoodSmith Mine)
- Fracking (shale gas)
- Planning and Administration advice
- Policies and Plans
- About us