Guidelines for Design Award 2012
- The nominated scheme must be located within the National Park boundary.
- The nominated development/scheme should have a ‘Completion Certificate’ from Building Regulations dated between 2nd August 2007 and 2nd August 2012.
- Where planning permission was required and obtained for a nominated scheme, there are no significant outstanding enforcement matters relating to the development or the site to which it relates.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form*.
- Entries can be submitted by anyone who considers the scheme suitable for an award including owners, architects, designers, developers, Parish Councils, Amenity Societies or any member of the public. In all cases the consent of the owner must be obtained prior to making the nomination.
- Entries cannot be accepted from North York Moors National Park Authority officers, Members, or a member of their immediate family, or for buildings in their ownership.
- Entries will be assessed by a judging panel consisting of representatives from the Authority, local interest groups and the design profession.
- If the judging panel considers there to be no nominations of the required standard of excellence in their design, no award will be made.
- The judging panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
*Details required for entry
Completed entry forms should be accompanied by the following material:
- A site location plan for the nominated development
- Any additional supporting written information on no more than 2 sides of A4 paper
- A CD of any high quality digital images/photographs, which should be numbered and
supported by captions to describe what is being shown and when the image was taken
Material submitted in support of a nomination should not exceed A3 is size
The material submitted, including photographs may be used by the National Park Authority to give publicity to the Awards Scheme
Material submitted in support of successful entries will be kept by the Authority
Material submitted in support of unsuccessful submissions will be returned provided a stamped self addressed envelope is supplied
- Looking after
- Policies and Plans
- Planning applications
- View an application
- Meet the Planning Team
- Building conservation
- Planning advice notes
- Sirius Minerals Polyhalite Mine (WoodSmith Mine)
- Fracking (shale gas)
- Planning and Administration advice
- About us