There are lots of ways to actively get involved and support the Inspired by... gallery, from submitting artwork to one of our open exhibitions, to becoming a friend of the gallery through our supporters scheme. Scroll down to find out more.
Secret Small Works Open exhibition - ‘The landscape we feel’ - artist callout (submit your work by 20 March 2022)
A new open exhibition is coming in April 2022, celebrating all that makes the North York Moors National Park special through the eyes of the artists who cherish it.
For many, the connection with this landscape is deeply personal and we want to showcase not only the stunning scenery, wildlife and heritage, but the feelings, memories and individual connections to this unique place – to seek to answer ‘what makes the North York Moors special to you?’
The exhibition will run alongside other celebrations marking the 70th anniversary of the North York Moors National Park and is open to all artists, from the beginner to the professional. Running from 9 April until 22 May 2022, it offers the perfect opportunity to build connections among a vibrant art community, as well as the opportunity to exhibit smaller pieces of work within a contemporary gallery setting.
To take part, head to the exhibition's page for more information.
Art Award 2022 (submit your entry by 28 February 2022)
Calling all painters, printmakers, photographers, and artists alike!
How would you capture the striking beauty and diversity of the North York Moors, from its deep wooded dales, to its vast expanse of moorland?
How could you portray the vibrancy of its past, present, and future?
How would you depict the very essence of what it is and what it will become?
In celebration of the 70th anniversary of the National Park, the North York Moors National Park Trust are looking for an imaginative and visionary artist who can help tell the story of this dynamic place.
Find out more by heading over to the Art Award webpage.
Become an Inspired by… supporter
Do you love art, crafts and beautifully designed handmade pieces by artists who draw their inspiration from the beautiful North York Moors National Park? Would you like to escape everyday stresses and take time out to relax with like-minded people in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere?
The success of the gallery has depended on the support and patronage of its visitors over the last decade. We are delighted to invite you to join us on our continuing artistic journey with the launch of an inspiring Membership Scheme for supporters of the Inspired by... gallery.
With your support, we can:
- Create stimulating exhibitions
- Encourage a love of art, craft and live music
- Provide an uplifting hub of creativity
Because art matters... from just £35 per year
Becoming a member of our Supporters Scheme will give you access to a wide range of benefits without costing you a fortune.
- We’ll invite you to a special preview of our latest exhibitions exclusively for supporters, where you'll receive a 10% discount
- Enjoy the latest artwork by your favourite artists and receive an exclusive 10% discount at our ‘Meet the Artist’ events
- 10% discount for yourself for entry into four gallery events per year (with the exception of the WEA Adult Learning Courses which are booked directly with WEA).
- All the latest news on your favourite artists and what’s happening at the gallery via an exclusive e-newsletter three times a year
- Enjoy searching for that ‘something different’ gift for family and friends with a 10% discount in our Art Shop and at special shopping events
You can join as an individual or as a joint membership with someone living at the same address.
You can join our Scheme by:
01439 772738to pay by debit or credit card
- Downloading the application form and returning the completed form with a cheque
- Or by using the online payment option through PayPal below.
- Time for You
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- TV and film locations
- Forests and woodlands
- Retreat and romance
- Dark skies
- Capital of Cake
- Dog friendly
- Land of myths & legends
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- National Park Experiences
- North York Moors Coast
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us