Car park terms and conditions
Pay and display charges help us to continue our access and conservation work in the North York Moors National Park.
1. Parking terms and conditions:
- All vehicles must clearly display a valid pay and display ticket or parking permit in the windscreen of the vehicle. Alternatively, if using Pay By Phone, you must have a valid parking session registered.
- All vehicles must be parked within the marked bays. Larger vehicles must be parked considerately, as closely as possible within the marked bays, and must display a valid ticket or permit for every bay occupied .
- Tickets and permits are non-transferable between vehicles and car parks.
- Disabled bays are reserved for Blue Badge Holders only and Blue Badges must be clearly displayed in the windscreen of the vehicle.
- Blue badge holders are not exempt from pay and display charges.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to North York Moors National Park Authority Parking Permit holders.
2. Parking Permits Terms and Conditions:
- A permit will be issued at the sole discretion of the Authority.
- Where a permit that is registered against two vehicles only one vehicle will benefit from the permit at any one time.
- Permits do not guarantee the availability of a car parking bay.
- Permits are not valid for overnight use.
- If you need to change your vehicle, please return your permit so that we can send you an updated permit. When we receive the original permit, we will aim to post a replacement to you on the same working day. You will need to purchase a pay and display ticket during this period when you do not have a permit. We will do this free of charge on two occasions in any one year. A charge of £5.00 will be implemented on a third or more occasions.
- Permits are rendered invalid if it has expired, are defaced, have been altered or are copied in any way. The Authority reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £5 for replacement permits.
3. Car Park Conditions of Use: enforceable by parking compliance notice or other legal action by the Authority or Police :
- Only motor cars, vans, motorcycles, motorhomes, invalid carriages, disabled persons vehicles and coaches are permitted to park.
- All parked vehicles must be taxed and insured and accord with MOT requirements.
- No person shall behave in a way that constitutes a nuisance or anti-social behaviour or is otherwise unlawful in any way.
- No person shall contravene any byelaws in place for that car park.
- No person shall erect a tent, booth, stand, building or other structure in the car park without the Authority’s written consent.
- No person shall cause or permit to be lit any fire or barbeque.
- No person shall use any vehicle parked in the car park in connection with the sale of any article or the sale of any skills or services without the Authority’s written consent.
- No person shall use the car park for servicing or washing any vehicle.
- No Person shall park their vehicle overnight unless the car park tariff permits overnight parking. An overnight parking ticket is required to be purchased and displayed.
- No person shall use the car park to repair a vehicle, except where necessary to enable such a vehicle to depart from the parking place.
The pay and display parking terms and conditions apply 24 hrs per day and 7 days a week, for every day of the year including Bank Holidays.
A Parking Compliance Notice requesting payment at a ticketing machine will be issued if a vehicle:
- is parked without a valid pay and display ticket or car park permit on display or incorrectly displayed; or
- is not parked within the markings of a marked parking bay or as closely as possible within those markings; or
- is in such a position as to obstruct access to the parking place or access road within or adjacent to the car park.
Vehicles which appear to be abandoned or left in contravention of these terms and conditions may be removed to a place of safe keeping, subsequently disposed of, and costs of release, removal and/or storage charged to the registered keeper or party responsible.
5. The Authority’s liability:
- Vehicles are parked in the Authority’s car parks entirely at the owner’s risk. The Authority does not accept liability for loss or damage to vehicles or their contents howsoever caused.
- The Authority does not accept liability in respect of the death or personal injury of users of the car park save where the same is directly caused by the negligence of the Authority.
6. Parking Charges
- Parking charges are subject to review, normally on 1st April each year.
- The Permit Holder should check the current rates with the Authority before applying for a new Permit.
Further advice or assistance
If you require any other assistance or advice on the use of our car parks, please contact the Car Park's Team via the following telephone number or email address:
Data Protection Declaration
The North York Moors National Park Authority is a Data Controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. All personal information is held and processed in accordance with this. Please refer to our Privacy Notices published on our website at: https://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/about-us/termsandconditions/Privacy-Notice-2018-amended.pdf for details. Please contact us if you need the privacy notice in an alternative format.
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us