Agricultural and country shows
Due to COVID-19, most country shows did not go ahead in 2021. Dates are already scheduled for the return of the shows in 2022 when you'll be able to experience again this traditional part of our social calendar. We look forward to welcoming you in 2022.
We do recommend that you contact each show directly to find out the latest situation before travelling.
The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
- Monday 30 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley
- Sunday 26 - Malton Show, Scampston Park
- Tuesday 12 to Friday 15 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
- Wednesday 20 - Driffield Show
- Tuesday 26 - Ryedale Show
- Saturday 30 - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk
- Tuesday 2 - Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains.
- Wednesday 3 - Thornton le Dale Show
- Date tbc - Hinderwell Show
- Saturday 6 - Osmotherley Show
- Wednesday 10 - Danby Show
- Date tbc - Rosedale Show
- Wednesday 24 - Egton Show
- Date tbc - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate
- Date tbc - Farndale Show
- Saturday 3 - Kildale Show
- Date tbc - Lealholm Show
- Date tbc - Castleton Show
- Sunday 11 - North Yorkshire County Show, Near Bedale
- Saturday 17 - Stokesley Show
- Time for You
- See and do
- North York Moors Coast
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us