WL01 Water Level Management
WL01 - Water Level Management
Project Aim: To provide an opportunity to promote a catchment based approach to flood risk management by:
- Increasing local peoples’ understanding and involvement of water level management in the catchment and the contribution Natural Flood Management (NFM) can bring.
- Supporting and enhancing partnership working with and between communities that will self-proliferate.
- Involving local people in the monitoring of outputs to improve research, development and understanding of NFM projects. This will support future initiatives and inform the delivery of NFM and Water Quality interventions.
- Assistance with monitoring in high rainfall events using volunteers at Gilling East and Hovingham. Learning will be shared with the local community as part of the legacy. Community Engagement and increased understanding of NFM measures in the catchment and their multiples benefits through working with local schools, flood groups and landowners.
- Communities and land owners will be better informed about the benefits and limitations of NFM.
- Contributes to better understanding about flood risk and management of the issue at a catchment scale. People with properties within the flood risk area will be better informed about flood risk and flood risk may be reduced for some.
- Volunteer and family tree planting days.
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us