Local Plan - Pre-Submission Draft
Pre-Submission Draft (April 2019)
Work is continuing on a new Local Plan for the North York Moors, which will cover the period 2016-35. The Authority has now completed its 'Pre-Submission Draft ' version of the Plan (Regulation 19 draft). This is the version of the Plan which the Authority considers its final version. It will be submitted to Government for independent examination.
The closing date for comments on the 'Pre-Submission' (Regulation 19) draft of the Plan was Friday 24 May. Comments received will now be forward to the Planning Inspectorate as part of the submission process.
Proposed Submission Documents
The following documents are required to be published at this stage under Regulation 19 of the 2012 Local Planning (England) Regulations:
- View the 'Pre-Submission' Draft Local Plan
- View the Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan Policy Maps. These maps show proposed changes to the existing Policies Map including proposed designation of Environmental Enhancement Sites (Policy ENV15) and Community Spaces (Policy CO5)
- The Sustainability Appraisal Report and Habitats Regulation Assessment. These technical assessments appraise how well the draft plan meets environmental, social and economic objectives and check that no proposals in the draft Plan would cause significant effects on important wildlife sites.
- View the Statement of Consultation. This explains how the Authority has involved people in the plan - making process and explains what consultation was undertaken and what responses were made.
- View the Notice of Local Plan Publication and Statement of Representations Procedure. This explains that the draft Plan has been published, where the plan can be viewed and where comments should be sent to.
Responding to the Pre-Submission Draft Plan
Please use the following form which is based on a standard form provided by the Planning Inspectorate.
There is guidance note at the end of the form for information on how it should be filled out. Please answer all questions and use a different form for each comment. Forms should be returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org- or to the address at the top of the form by 5.00 pm on Friday 24 May 2019. If you are having difficulty using the forms please email us using the address above or ring the Policy Team on 01439 772700.
Other Supporting Documents
A short report is available which shows the main changes made to the draft Plan.
A report setting out a summary of the comments made to the Preferred Options Draft is also available, supported by two appendices setting out detailed comments on the draft Plan, together with the Authority's response. Appendix 2 sets out comments on proposed Visually Important Spaces.
Duty to Support/Statements of Common Ground.
The Authority has also prepared a Duty to Co-operate Statement detailing how it has worked with neighbouring Authorities and others as well as four 'Statements of Common Ground' which confirm that there are no outstanding cross boundary issues that remain unaddressed.
View the Duty to Co-Operate Statement
The draft Plan is supported by a series of topic papers which explain the background to how we developed the policies in the draft Plan and sets out in more detail some of the alternative options we considered. These are:
- Vision and Objectives
- Spatial Strategy and Settlement Hierarchy
- Tranquillity, A Sense of Remoteness and Dark Night Skies
- Economy, Tourism and Retail
- Community Spaces
In addition we have produced or commissioned several new technical documents. These form part of the 'evidence base' for the new Local Plan. All technical documents can be found on our Evidence Base page.
What Happens Next?
Comments collected during this consultation have been submitted, alongside the draft plan to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination. We expect the public examination of the draft will happen in November 2019, followed by final adoption around Spring/Summer 2020.
Keep In Touch
If you wish to be notified when we publish information relating to the new Local Plan, please join our mailing list.
- Looking after
- Policies and Plans
- Housing policies
- Supplementary planning documents
- Minerals and Waste Joint Plan
- Current consultations
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Evidence Base
- Custom and Self-Build Register
- Local Development Scheme & Statement of Community Involvement
- Brownfield Land Register
- Draft Local Plan - Preferred Options
- Local Plan - Pre-Submission Draft
- Local Plan - Submission Draft
- Planning applications
- View an application
- Meet the Planning Team
- Building conservation
- Planning advice notes
- Sirius Minerals Polyhalite Mine (WoodSmith Mine)
- Fracking (shale gas)
- Planning and Administration advice
- Policies and Plans
- About us