Owned by the same family since the 17th century, Scampston Hall was remodelled and given its fine Regency interiors in 1800 by Thomas Leverton.
The important collection of pictures includes work by Gainsborough, Marlow, Scott and Wilson. There is also a good collection of porcelain from Sevres and various English factories, together with furniture by Chippendale and Gillows.
The drawing room was redecorated in the 1860s and still has some furnishings from that time.
The gardens include a large walk-in rock garden created in 1890, 10 acres of woodland with lakes and a Palladian bridge, set in the 18th century 'Capability' Brown landscape park of 80 acres.
Disabled parking adjacent to entrance. Main car park 100m from entrance.
Ramp available to ground floor. Ground floor accessible to pushed wheelchairs. The restaurant is fully accessible. Disabled and baby-changing facilities in restaurant.
Walled garden: the garden is flat. Paths are rolled gravel designed to be suitable for wheelchairs.