Planning your visit
Sutton Bank National Park Centre is currently closed until further notice
Please note that following recent government advice on the coronavirus outbreak, Sutton Bank National Park Centre , Sutton Bank Bikes and Park Life Café are closed. Further information and updates are available on the main National Park Centre page.
Opening times for the National Park Centre
- Open daily until 5 January, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- January and February, weekends only until 16 February, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily from 17 February until 31 March, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily April, May, June, July, 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Daily August, 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Daily September and October, 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Daily November and December, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Open 26 December - 3 January 2021, 10.30am to 4.00pm
Opening times for Park Life Café
Please note the new Park Life Café may be open at different times to the National Park Centre. We will provide further information shortly.
Opening times for Sutton Bank Bikes
Please note Sutton Bank Bikes may be open at different times to the National Park Centre, see opening times on their website for the most up-to-date information.
Spring: Open Thursday to Monday (10am-5pm) (closed Tuesday-Wednesday)
To find out more, call 01845 597759.
How to get here
Sutton Bank National Park Centre is six miles (9.5km) east of Thirsk (or 7.5 miles (12km) west of Helmsley) at the top of Sutton Bank on the A170.
There is limited public transport to Sutton Bank. The nearest railway station is in Thirsk (7.5 miles away).
There are pay and display car parks.
Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- Time for you
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- TV and film locations
- Forests and woodlands
- Famous writers and literature
- Dog friendly
- Market towns and villages
- Dark skies
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- The English National Park Experience Collection
- North York Moors Coast
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us