Planning your visit
Opening times for the Moors National Park Centre and Inspired by... gallery
- January and February, weekends only until 17 February, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily from 18 February until 31 March, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily April, May, June, July, 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Daily August, 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Daily September and October, 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Daily November and December, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Open 26 December - 5 January 2020, 10.30am to 4.00pm
Opening times for The Woolly Sheep Cafe
Please note The Woolly Sheep Cafe may be open at different times to the National Park Centre, see opening times on their website for the most up-to-date information.
How to find us
The Moors National Park Centre and Inspired by... gallery are in the north of the National Park, less than a mile from Danby village. Danby Station on the Esk Valley Railway (OS Grid Reference: NZ 717 084) is a 20 minute stroll away along a minor road, though do look out for traffic.
Find out how to get here by public transport, including details of summer Fridays, weekends and Monday bus services (3 May - 29 September 2019) using Moorsbus (M3, M6 and M8) from surrounding villages and towns, including York, or Moors Explorer (ME1) from Hull is EY's summer Sunday and Bank Holiday service (26-27 May, 21-28 July, 4, 11, 25 and 26 August 2019).
There is a pay and display car park.
The Moors National Park Centre
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- Ideas for sunny days
- Forests and woodlands
- Dog friendly
- Geology rocks!
- Great for kids
- Retreat and romance
- Dark skies
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- The English National Park Experience Collection
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us