Tours and excursions
If you're looking for someone else to do the hard work for you, there are a number of coach operators who organise day trips, short breaks and longer tours to the North York Moors, all offering good value for money.
- BOBH - Day Tours of Yorkshire
- Whitby and the North York Moors – Regular guided day trip from York, available from March – November, taking in Kilburn White Horse, Helmsley, Goathland and Lealholm.
- Moors, Whitby and The Yorkshire Steam Railway – Regular guided day trip from York, available from April – October. Take a heritage steam train ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and experience the typical moorland villages of Hutton le Hole and Goathland.
- Private full and half-day guided tours of the North York Moors National Park, with pick-ups from York, Leeds or Harrogate, for groups of 1-4, 5-8 or 9-16 people. Dog-friendly and can be booked for any day in the year
- Coastal & Country Coaches
Based in Whitby operating the popular yellow Open Top Tour Bus around the town, daily from April to October.
- Coatham Coaches
This Guisborough based company offers a variety of day excursions, including to different parts of the North York Moors, such as Helmlsey, Hutton le Hole and Whitby.
- East Yorkshire Coaches
East Yorkshire Coaches operate a number of day excursions, including trips to Robin Hood's Bay, North Yorkshire Moors Railway and Flamingo Land.
- Grand UK Holidays
Handpicked coach holidays; options include Yorkshire Coast & Country with stops in Thornton le Dale and Goathland plus optional rides on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway or Dales & Moors, with a day in the National Park.
- Grand Yorkshire
Private tours, excursions and trips to the North York Moors throughout the year, including the following starting from York:
Steam Trains, Whitby & the Moors available most days of the week, including a trip on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (April-October, check website for dates)
- Kee Travel
West Yorkshire based company offering day tours to a variety of destinations in the North York Moors, including Whitby, Helmsley, Goathland, Hutton le Hole, Robin Hood's Bay and Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- Lee's Coaches of Durham
With pickups from Durham and across the north east, choose from a variety of trips including Heartbeat themed, Eden Camp, Helmsley and Whitby.
- Mountain Goat
Day tours from York taking in many National Park highlights, including Goathland and Helmlsey as well as a stop in Whitby.
- Shearings Holidays
Organises short breaks and coach holidays to the North York Moors and Yorkshire Coast, based from hotels in Whitby and Scarborough, departing from many locations around England.
- Sunrise Direct
Based in Scarborough, this five day short break includes excursions to Whitby and Goathland, and an optional trip on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (seasonal only).
If you are a Coach or Tour Operator who already operate regular excursions to the North York Moors and you are not listed here, please get in contact and let us know where and when you go.
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us