All Members of the Authority serve on the Planning Committee.
Its responsibilities include:
- Determining planning applications
- Authorising some enforcement action
- Deciding on the formation and review of planning policies
- Authorising Tree Preservation Orders
Planning Committee Agenda
Venue: The National Park Office, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley
Date: Thursday 23 August 2012 at 10.00am
1. Public Minutes of the meeting held on 19 July 2012.
2. Members are reminded that it is their responsibility to declare the nature of any personal and prejudicial interests relating to any agenda item immediately prior to its consideration and are encouraged to complete a written declaration using the form provided.
3. Emergency Evacuation Procedure – The Chairman to inform Members of the Public of the emergency evacuation procedure.
4. Exclusion of the public from the meeting during consideration of Item 9 on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 5 & 6 of Part 1 Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
5. Ryedale Local Plan Strategy and the Duty to co-operate.
6. Report on the Government’s Consultation on Changes to the Use Classes Order.
7. Miscellaneous Items.
(b) Planning Applications Determined by the Director of Planning.
(c) List of Enforcement Matters Determined by the Director of Planning.
8. To consider applications, together with the Director of Planning recommendations thereon.
NB: The following information is available for inspection from 9.30am on the day of the meeting:
* Relevant planning files.
* Members update sheets.
* Photographic evidence will be on display in the Committee Room (where applicable).
* Updated recommendations (where applicable).
1a) NYM/2012/0325/FL - Use of first floor above existing cold store 1 as office and storage area, construction of part single/part two storey extensions to form additional offices, preparation areas and cold storage together with construction of garage/workshop/store following demolition of existing structures at Grange Farm, Levisham.
2a) NYM/2012/0303/CVC - Verification check of condition 4(b) of planning approval NYMR/003/0043B for underground mining of Potash under 160 hectares of land at Land to the east of Ellerby and south of Runswick Bay village.
3a) NYM/2012/0534/FL - Construction of 1 no. local occupancy dwelling following demolition of existing dwelling together with construction of garage block and stable block (part retrospective) at Angram Grange, Cold Kirby.
4a) NYM/2012/0475/FL - Permission for a temporary appraisal borehole and associated plant, equipment including drilling rig (max height 49 metres) and access arrangements at Ebberston Moor 3 Wellsite, Cockmoor Road, Sawdon.
5a) NYM/2012/0481/FL - Variation of condition 5 of planning approval NYM/2003/0578/CU to allow an extension of opening hours until 9pm between 1 April and 30 September in any one calendar year at Lavenders Tearoom, The Forge, Thornton le Dale.
6a) NYM/2012/0339/FL - Creation of twin trod track to improve existing car parking surface at Land adjacent to Well Cottage, Hutton le Hole.
7a) NYM/2012/0474/FL - Removal of condition 3 (local occupancy restriction) of planning approval NYM/2011/0449/FL at Plot 4, Former Verdun Farm, Bank Lane, Faceby.
8a) NYM/2012/0333/FL - Construction of workshop/storage building at 2 Mill Lane, Iburndale.
9a) NYM/2012/0285/FL - Conversion of barns to form 1 no. local occupancy dwelling and 4 no. holiday letting cottages together with new storage buidling at Bannial Flat Farm, Guisborough Road, Whitby.
10a) NYM/2012/0354/FL - Construction of a two storey side extension at Greystones, Eskdale Side, Grosmont.
11a) NYM/2012/0476/FL - Construction of single storey extensions together with pitched roof to former garage, construction of wall with railings to front elevation and decking area to rear (part retrospective) at 58 Aldenham Road, Guisborough.
12a) NYM/2012/0443/FL - Variation of condition 3 of planning approval NYM/2003/0709/CL to allow ancillary retail sales other than craft goods from units 1 to 6 (part retrospective) at Dalby Forest Courtyard, Dalby Forest Drive, Thornton-le-Dale.
Private Business – Report Circulated to Members only
9. Private minutes of the meeting held on 19 July 2012.
10. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chairman, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
Mr C France
Director of Planning
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us
- How the Authority works
- Meetings and agendas
- Archived Agendas
- Accessibility of Committee Room
- Parish Forums
- Our service to you
- School and group visits
- Rights of way
- Press Office
- Job vacancies
- Terms and Conditions