There's cycling for all at Sutton Bank National Park Centre. It's a great starting-place to access the bridleways, tracks and minor roads in the western half of the National Park.
Bring your own bike or hire one at the Centre, pick up a trail map and off you go!
Out on the trails
Family-friendly trails, and the existing bridleway and road network, offer fantastic cycling 'on top of the world', at Sutton Bank's stunning escarpment location. Our trails use a mixture of natural and man-made tracks, similar to those found in a purpose-built trail centre.
- 3-mile 'Cliff Trail' (green), great for families and beginners
- Off-road adventures on the more challenging 'Fort' (blue, 5.5 or 7.5 mile options), 'Drovers' (blue, 10 miles), and 'Paradise' (red, 17.5 miles) trails
- Test yourself in the 'skills area'
- Parking, toilets and café at the National Park Centre
Unlike a trail centre, large parts of our routes make use of existing bridleways that are shared with walkers and horse riders. Please consider other users, and expect to come across some gates too.
Sutton Bank Bikes
There's bike hire, plus a cycle shop, service centre and bike wash at Sutton Bank Bikes, located at the National Park Centre. They also offer bike maintenance courses and guided rides.
- Hire - adult and children's mountain bikes and road bikes, tag-alongs, bike trailers and baby seats
- E-bikes for hire too!
- Cycle shop for bikes, hardware, clothing and accessories
- Woodburner in winter
- Photo ID required to hire
Please note Sutton Bank Bikes may be open at different times to the National Park Centre.
Sutton Bank Bikes are open year-round. See opening times on their website for the most up-to-date information.
Spring: Open Thursday to Monday (10am-5pm) (closed Tuesday-Wednesday)
For further information and hire prices, call 01845 597759 or visit the Sutton Bank Bikes website.
Sutton Bank National Park Centre, YO7 2EH, on the A170, 6 miles east of Thirsk or 8 miles west of Helmsley.
- Time for you
- See and do
- North York Moors Coast
- Enjoy outdoors
- Fell and road running
- Adventure activities
- Horse riding
- Wildlife watching
- Health and wellbeing
- On the water
- Organising events
- Flat green bowling
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us