Arts and craft courses
We have an exciting programme of arts and craft courses and workshops in the gallery during 2019. We also hold talks, and other events at various times of the year, including an eclectic musical programme.
For more information and bookings, please call the Inspired by… gallery on 01439 772737 or go to our EventBrite page where online booking is available.
A 10% discount is offered on up to four workshops in a calendar year for our Inspired by... gallery Supporters (with the exception of the WEA Adult Learning Courses which are booked directly with WEA).
Art Appreciation – WEA Adult Learning Courses
With guest lecturers from the renowned Workers’ Educational Association, we present a series of full-day art appreciation courses at The Moors National Park Centre, Danby. The courses are friendly, accessible and enjoyable, and cover the following subjects:
- Art in the 19th Century: Realists and Romantics (Saturday 19 October). Study the fascinating development of artistic styles in Europe during the 19th century. Beginning with Neo-Classicism and ending with Realism and the origins of French Impressionism. Book now.
All courses cost: £25 (minimum age 18) and run from 10am-4pm with a one hour lunch break. Free to those in receipt of a means-tested benefit. Bring a packed lunch or refreshments are available at The Moors National Park Centre. Advance booking essential direct with WEA or call 0300 3033464
Nature Print Workshop (Saturday 26 October, 11am–4pm)
Join experts in print making, Wendy Tate and Rob Moore, on a nature inspired day, walking in, and using landscape as a theme to produce a mixed media artist’s book that includes printmaking. This workshop is suitable for beginners and more experienced artists alike. Bespoke sketchbooks for the walk, drawing materials and printmaking materials for use back in the workshop are all provided. Additional materials may be brought along (drawing implements such as pencils, graphite, pen and ink, watercolours and oil pastels) but this is not essential. Minimum age 16.
Cost: £45 including materials. Bring a packed lunch or refreshments are available at The Moors National Park Centre. Advance booking essential. Book online.
Inspired by... Art Young Artist Workshops
New for 2019, art workshops suitable for children aged 7 to 12 years (unless otherwise stated).
- Inspiring Children through Nature (Saturday 2 November, 10:30am–12:30pm and 1:30–3:30pm, £7.50). Wendy Tate and Rob Moore begin their workshop with a walk round the grounds to collect plants, leaves, feathers and grasses. Returning with their treasures, you'll make a little book of natural wonders through a mono-printing process using non-toxic water-based inks. Suitable for children aged 8 to 12 years old. Book online
All necessary equipment and materials are provided. Please bring suitable clothing and footwear for a nature walk. Children to be dropped off and collected from the gallery (consent form required). Booking essential or call 01439 772738.
Creations in Willow with Willow Expert Anthea Firth
Willow expert, Anthea Firth, is leading a number of special willow workshops this year at The Moors National Park Centre. The workshops are aimed at beginners as well as those with some experience of the craft. You'll learn the core techniques required for willow working as well as the specific skills needed to create your willow creation. Please wear comfortable casual clothes. Materials and tools provided. Learn how to make:
- Alternative Christmas Tree (Sunday 10 November); £45 including materials. Book online
- Standing deer (Saturday 23 November); £50 including materials. Book online FULLY BOOKED
- Christmas door ring and small rustic decoration (Sunday 8 December); £45 including materials. Book online
All workshops 10am-3pm. Minimum age 18. Advance booking essential for all workshops.
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Capital of Cake
- Amazing views
- Ideas for rainy days
- Forests and woodlands
- TV and film locations
- Dog friendly
- Retreat and romance
- Dark skies
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- The English National Park Experience Collection
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us