Agricultural and country shows
Due to COVID-19 this section of the website may not have the latest updates regarding externally-run shows. Most country shows have been cancelled for 2020. We will endeavour to add new dates for 2021 as soon as we are aware of them. We look forward to seeing you in 2021.
The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
- Monday 25 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley - CANCELLED
- Sunday 21 - North Yorkshire County Show, Near Bedale - CANCELLED (20 June 2021)
- Sunday 28 - Malton Show, Scampston Park - CANCELLED
- Tuesday 14 to Thursday 16 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate - CANCELLED (13-15 July 2021)
- Wednesday 22 - Driffield Show - CANCELLED (21 July 2021)
- Saturday 25 - Cleveland Show, Stewart Park, Marton - CANCELLED (24 July 2021)
- Tuesday 28 - Ryedale Show, Welburn Park, Kirkbymoorside* - CANCELLED (27 July 2021)
- Wednesday 29 - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk - CANCELLED
- Saturday 1 - Osmotherley Show - CANCELLED (7 August 2021)
- Tuesday 4 - Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains. - CANCELLED (3 August 2021)
- Wednesday 5 - Thornton le Dale Show* - CANCELLED (4 August 2021)
- Friday 7 - Hinderwell Show - CANCELLED (6 August 2021)
- Wednesday 12 - Danby Show (160th Show in 2020)* - CANCELLED (11 August 2021)
- Saturday 15 - Rosedale Show* - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 26 - Egton Show* - CANCELLED (25 August 2021)
- Saturday 29 - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate (110th Show in 2020)*
- Monday 31 - Farndale Show - CANCELLED
- Saturday 5 - Kildale Show - CANCELLED (4 September 2021)
- Saturday 5 - Lealholm Show
- Saturday 12 - Castleton Show - CANCELLED
- Saturday 19 - Stokesley Show* - CANCELLED (18 September 2021)
* Look out for our marquee at these shows and come and say hello! We have free games, quizzes, leaflets and information – not to mention staff on hand to answer your questions.
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us