Neighbourhood Planning was introduced by the Government through the Localism agenda and is a means for communities to decide the future of the places where they live and work.
Communities are now able to:
- choose where they want new homes, shops and offices to be built
- have their say on what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided
- grant planning permission for the new buildings they want to see go ahead.
The National Park Authority has produced a Planning Advice Note which provides guidance for local residents, businesses and parish councils on Neighbourhood Planning and how Neighbourhood Planning in the National Park will be handled.
Further guidance can be found on the Government's Neighbourhood Planning webpages.
Ingleby Arncliffe Neighbourhood Plan
Ingleby Arncliffe Parish Council has resolved to produce a Neighbourhood Plan covering its parish. The parish is split by the National Park boundary and therefore falls within both Hambleton District and the North York Moors National Park for planning purposes. As the majority of the area falls on the Hambleton side, the District Council will be the lead authority assisting with the Plan. However, it will also have to conform with the National Park's planning policies and go through the Authority's relevant Committees.
The first stage in the process of preparing the Plan is to approve the proposed Neighbourhood Area. The National Park Authority and Hambleton District Council formally approved the Neighbourhood Area at their respective meetings on 18th September and 7th October 2014. Please follow the link below to see the Neighbourhood Area and details of the qualifying body. Further details of the Neighbourhood Plan will be posted here as work progresses.
Ingleby Arncliffe Parish Council letter - Neighbourhood Area and qualifying body
Useful information to download
- Looking after
- Policies and Plans
- Housing policies
- Supplementary planning documents
- Minerals and Waste Joint Plan
- Current consultations
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Evidence Base
- Custom and Self-Build Register
- Local Development Scheme & Statement of Community Involvement
- Brownfield Land Register
- Draft Local Plan - Preferred Options
- Local Plan - Pre-Submission Draft
- Planning applications
- View an application
- Meet the Planning Team
- Building conservation
- Planning advice notes
- Sirius Minerals Polyhalite Mine (WoodSmith Mine)
- Fracking (shale gas)
- Planning and Administration advice
- Policies and Plans
- About us