The agricultural, country and village shows are an important part of summer in the North York Moors and surrounding area.
You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy the finer points of pedigree cattle, shire horses, sheep, or fruit and vegetables to experience this traditional part of our social calendar.
All the shows are different, some with show-jumping, others with brass bands, fell running or fairground rides. But they all have one thing in common. Everyone is there to have a good time, enjoy the local food and drink, and meet up with old and new friends.
* Look out for us on these dates and come and say hello!
2023 Show dates
- Monday 1 - Duncombe Park Country Fair, Helmsley
- Sunday 25 - Malton Show, Scampston Park
- Tuesday 11 to Friday 14 - Great Yorkshire Show, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
- Wednesday 19 - Driffield Show
- Tuesday 25 - Ryedale Show*
- Saturday 29 - Borrowby Show, Borrowby, Near Thirsk
- Tuesday 1 - Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show - Established in 1800, it's the oldest surviving gooseberry show in the country. Held on the first Tuesday in August by the Egton Bridge Old Gooseberry Society, visitors are welcome to see the time honoured tradition of finding the heaviest gooseberry in one of four classes: red, yellow, green and white. The heaviest gooseberry is determined by an apothecary scale, measured in drams and grains.
- Friday 4 - Hinderwell Show
- Saturday 5 - Osmotherley Show
- Wednesday 9 - Thornton le Dale Show*
- Saturday 12 - Goathland Village Show
- Wednesday 16 - Danby Show*
- Saturday 19 - Rosedale Show (150th year)
- Wednesday 23 - Egton Show
- Saturday 26 - Bilsdale Show, Chop Gate*
- Monday 28 - Farndale Show