Capital of Cake
There are plenty of ways to eat cake...
...but only one place to do it – the North York Moors! With baking traditions, tight-lipped generational secrets and skilled bakers, we have some of the best baked produce in the country.
Britain’s ‘Capital of Cake’ has an incredible number of unique and beautiful places where you can enjoy a slice or two of the nation’s favourite tasty treat. Whether you’re a walker, cyclist, holidaymaker or foodie, you’re invited to tuck in to delicious confections, local bakes, classic cakes and regional specialities.
Teashops in tranquil villages, working farms and walled gardens, afternoon tea overlooking the coast or at historic abbeys, not to mention hotels, delis, cafés and bakeries – all put cake centre stage in the North York Moors.
Navigate the map and plan your holiday around these cake stops offering much more than just a taste bud sensation. The icons in blue indicate accommodation that will welcome you with cake - now that's an introduction to the North York Moors!
The winner bakes it all
We’d love you to be part of the action. All you have to do is:
- Decide where you're going to go
- Make sure you earn your calories, look at the suggested activity at each place
- Take a selfie, or a photo of your cake, and share it on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #capitalofcake
- Vote for your favourite using the poll below to crown someone the Capital of Cake. Iphone/Ipad users, please follow the link here 'Capital of Cake Champion 2018' to access the poll.
Who's behind Capital of Cake?
The Capital of Cake campaign was the brainchild of the North York Moors Tourism Network in 2015, supported by the North York Moors National Park. If you'd like to be one of the Capital of Cake destinations email Emily email@example.com
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Capital of Cake
- Amazing views
- Forests and woodlands
- Nature calendar
- Paw-fect Pooch Packages
- Land of myths & legends
- Dark skies
- Train journeys
- Retreat and romance
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us