Cleveland Way Photo Competition
To celebrate 50 years of the Cleveland Way, we want you to share what you love about our treasured national trail with us. It wasn't voted the nation's favourite national trail for nothing and we want to know what makes it so special to those that visit it and live near it.
Enter our social media photo competition to be with a chance to showcase your favourite scene of the Cleveland Way.
How to enter
The competition is split into three categories each depicting iconic stretches of the Cleveland Way.
You should only share your images of the given category during the specified time frame shown below. Any photos shared outside of these times will not be eligible.
Timescales and categories
- 12 - 25 April: Helmsley to Sutton Bank stretch
- 26 April - 9 May: Coastal section running from Saltburn to Filey
- 10 – 23 May: Cleveland Hills (both from and of the Cleveland Hills)
To enter, simply share your photo on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) using #ClevelandWay50, and explain what you love about it in the post.
Photos can showcase favourite views, walkers enjoying the trail, wildlife, attractions and anything you think best depicts the beauty of the national trail.
One winner from each category will be selected and announced on 24 May, the official 50th anniversary date of the Cleveland Way.
The three winner's photographs will be exhibited in Sutton Bank National Park Centre during summer 2019. Each winner will also receive their framed photograph after the exhibition, a year's free parking pass for Sutton Bank National Park Centre and a Cleveland Way National Trail official guide.
Terms & Conditions
- The winner from each category will be notified by direct message on their social media channel and must respond, providing their full name, contact telephone number and email to claim the prize within 24 hours. If a winner does not respond to the North York Moors National Park Authority within 24 hours of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the North York Moors National Park Authority shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The shortlist will be judged by North York Moors National Park staff.
- The winner must supply a hi-res image at 300dpi after the closing date.
- The winning photos will feature in a Cleveland Way exhibition at Sutton Bank National Park Centre from summer 2019.
- Costs for exhibiting the photo in the Sutton Bank National Park Centre cafe will be covered by the North York Moors National Park
- The photographers will be free to receive their framed photograph after the exhibition time frame
- The submitted photo must be the original work of the competition entrant
- The winning photographer retains complete copyright, but agrees to have their photograph published on the North York Moors and Cleveland Way websites and other online media in reference to the Cleveland Way.
- We will always credit the photographer.
- The winning images will not be used for commercial purposes.
- Submitted photographs must not contain provocative or otherwise objectionable content.
- This competition is not open to employees of the North York Moors National Park Authority or members of their immediate families.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- North York Moors Coast
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- Forests and woodlands
- Cleveland Way Photo Competition
- Dog friendly
- Geology rocks!
- Land of myths & legends
- Retreat and romance
- Capital of Cake
- Dark skies
- Market towns and villages
- Great for kids
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- The English National Park Experience Collection
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- About us